No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny "slitherin" Salazar back and throwing 87/88 mph fastballs. Not promising
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• any word on Bradley Zimmer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken
        Aquino's rise to the big leagues has been remarkable this year. Former top prospect due to the raw talent, but struggled with Ks. Apparently a swing change this spring produced great results. Tore up AAA and he's on fire to start his MLB career. Set the Reds record for exit velocity, and he's only played 7 games.

Huge power and great arm in the OF. One of the best nicknames going "The Punisher". The talk is that he has all the tools to become a star, and he's already hitting cleanup. But he'll be 26 years old next year. Strange path.

Fun player to watch. I somehow snagged him in a keeper league last weekend for $2, hoping he's on my team for many years going forward.
        Psssst.......this is the Indians thread.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Psssst.......this is the Indians thread.
          First hit on searching cincinnati reds - stupid search engine

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            First hit on searching cincinnati reds - stupid search engine
            Sometimes their caps kind of look alike too.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              any word on Bradley Zimmer?
              Zimmer is now up to 4 at bats over two days (1 home run) in rookie ball. My guess is he'll probably play out the minor league season, then join the Indians in September.

Comment

• It's hard to believe Oliver Perez is still pitching in the majors and going strong. He:
                - had his MLB debut in 2002
                - had his best MLB season in 2004, and
                - last started a game in 2010!

Comment

• What's the latest on Triston McKenzie? His prospect stock has nosedived this year.

Comment

• Indians OF Tyler Naquin will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After I dropped him to season-ending IR (still a keeper for next year), then made it to the finals without him, Yelich, Tatis and Pineda, Jose Ramirez returned to hit 2 HR last night. FML.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• with fishboy in his prime, I would do this if I ran the angels. jo.adell may be great one day, Clevinger is near elite today.

Jon Paul Morosi of MLB Network reports the Angels have had discussions with the Indians about a trade for Mike Clevinger.

Some preliminary discussion seems to be all that has taken place to this point, with Morosi adding that "there has not been active dialogue in recent days." Per Morosi's sources, the Indians (rightly) asked for top prospect Jo Adell in any talks, part of the reason they stalled. Adell has a bright future but Clevinger is already a star, posting a 2.71 ERA with 169 strikeouts in 126 innings last season. The Indians have been discussing the 28-year-old with a few teams this offseason but none of the talks have gone far, given Clevinger's value and the sky-high asking price for the right-hander.

Comment

• Angels better get alot more than Clevinger if they part with Jo Adell. Not going to happen, but if I am the Angels, I want Bieber as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            Angels better get alot more than Clevinger if they part with Jo Adell. Not going to happen, but if I am the Angels, I want Bieber as well.
                            clevinger has three years of control left...if not a stud, next level. angels need to add to the package.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              Angels better get alot more than Clevinger if they part with Jo Adell. Not going to happen, but if I am the Angels, I want Bieber as well.
                              Two All-Star caliber pitchers with 8 years of control between them for a hitting prospect?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Two All-Star caliber pitchers with 8 years of control between them for a hitting prospect?
                                How about Marsh and one of their pitching prospects for Clevinger?

Comment

Working...
                                X