2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    I would probably say yes, but I love Lindor. He's young and spry and even if this tamps down his SBs a bit, I think he is a lot less likely to suffer a reoccurrence than Donaldson was.
    I agree. He isn't the same keeper, no, because his risk has increased and it is likely he will run less. But at $31, he is still a no brainer to me.

Comment

• Per Rotoworld, Lindor suffered a left ankle sprain while running the bases. An MRI showed the sprain to be moderate. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Per Rotoworld, Lindor suffered a left ankle sprain while running the bases. An MRI showed the sprain to be moderate. Not good.
        arrghhhh. I was so tempted to release lindor back into the auction pool...

from google:

It usually takes 5 to 14 days to recover from a grade one ankle sprain. This is when slight stretching and damage occurs to the ligaments. With a grade one sprain, there is slight instability, pain, swelling, joint stiffness and trouble walking. Grade two sprains can take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.

Comment

• I was going to keep him in an inflated league at $34 - but he's going back now

Comment

• Grrr. That sucks. I have him and he is maybe my favorite player. Based on the description, he will be out till Ma for sure. I'll try to take a silver lining here and tell myself at least this will give the calf extra time to totally heal. Sucks though.

Comment

• That sound you hear is Corey Kluber owners shrieking. 10 BBs in just 19 IP after only 34 last year in 215 IP. what’s goin on?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                That sound you hear is Corey Kluber owners shrieking. 10 BBs in just 19 IP after only 34 last year in 215 IP. what’s goin on?
                It's mid-April, he'll be fine ...

[insert Nathan Thurm gif here ...]
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  That sound you hear is Corey Kluber owners shrieking. 10 BBs in just 19 IP after only 34 last year in 215 IP. what’s goin on?
                  I couldn't hear them over all the Twins fans hooting and hollering.

KluBot looks bad. Someone said he velocity was way down yesterday... data isn't on Fangraphs yet but his last 2 starts weren't great, but not terrible either.. Granted their weather hasn't been the best. 52 degrees in KC. 56 in DET. 48 against CHW. 49 in MIN. But for Cleveland teams in April, that's not unreasonable at all.

I might be even more worried about Carrasco, TBH. Despite the pretty good 17:3 K/BB, he has allowed 22 hits in 10 innings.

Comment

I couldn't hear them over all the Twins fans hooting and hollering.

KluBot looks bad. Someone said he velocity was way down yesterday... data isn't on Fangraphs yet but his last 2 starts weren't great, but not terrible either.. Granted their weather hasn't been the best. 52 degrees in KC. 56 in DET. 48 against CHW. 49 in MIN. But for Cleveland teams in April, that's not unreasonable at all.

I might be even more worried about Carrasco, TBH. Despite the pretty good 17:3 K/BB, he has allowed 22 hits in 10 innings.
                    His velocity seemed normal according to Brooks Baseball:

Brooksbaseball-Chart (3).jpg

Comment

I'm expecting Carrasco's .613 BABIP to come down just a tad.

Comment

I sometimes wonder with pitchers that major on cutters, like Kluber can, whether people watching on TV confuse his cutter for his fastball. In his last inning he threw eight cutters 86-89 and four fastballs 91-93.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          It's mid-April, he'll be fine ...

[insert Nathan Thurm gif here ...]
                          Damn - havent thought about Nathan Thurm in decades...
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Brighter days are ahead. Lindor should be back within a week. I am eager for his reeturn, but I hope he took his time and is 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I'm expecting Carrasco's .613 BABIP to come down just a tad.
                              Well Carrasco sure seems to have turned the corner after yesterday's gem. His numbers are still pretty bad on the year, but this is pretty reassuring that he's still got it.

Comment

• Jose Ramirez has a .160 BA over his last 225 ABs dating back to last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X