2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    The Indians probably don't want the Red Sox to get a good look at Kluber now when it's so close to the post-season and they could end up facing each other in October.
    Grr, damn them and their perfectly logical decisions for their real baseball team!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      It could be a blessing in disguise for Kluber to miss that start because the Red Sox are capable of destroying a pitcher's ratios. Even Kluber's.
      Eh, I have as much faith in Kluber late in the season as any pitcher. He was a key part of my championship last year, and in 2014. Love the guy, especially late in the season. Although, admittedly, he is having a bit of a down year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo
        Here’s an interesting stat: the Indians will have four 200+ K pitchers in their rotation, and all four were acquired from other franchises as prospects.
        Hmm....where have I seen that interesting fact before. Seems familiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Hmm....where have I seen that interesting fact before. Seems familiar.
          Hahahha. That’s what happens when you post after having a few.

Comment

• Trevor Bauer back today. I originally didn't activate him as he's only supposed to go 2-3 innings, but with the Red Sox post-clinch lineup he could still strike out 7 or 8 ...

Bos Lineup
            Tzu-Wei Lin, CF
            Brandon Phillips, 2B
            Rafael Devers, 3B
            JD Martinez, DH (guess he lost the bet)
            Steve Pearce, 1B
            Brock Holt, SS
            Blake Swihart, RF
            Sam Travis, LF
            Sandy Leon, C
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              Trevor Bauer back today. I originally didn't activate him as he's only supposed to go 2-3 innings, but with the Red Sox post-clinch lineup he could still strike out 7 or 8 ...

Bos Lineup
              Tzu-Wei Lin, CF
              Brandon Phillips, 2B
              Rafael Devers, 3B
              JD Martinez, DH (guess he lost the bet)
              Steve Pearce, 1B
              Brock Holt, SS
              Blake Swihart, RF
              Sam Travis, LF
              Sandy Leon, C
              J.D. Martinez needs the at bats to chase that triple crown.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                Trevor Bauer back today. I originally didn't activate him as he's only supposed to go 2-3 innings, but with the Red Sox post-clinch lineup he could still strike out 7 or 8 ...
                And wasn't Carrasco going to come in after Bauer? Thought I read that somewhere.

Comment

• Kluber going for his 20th win today. Gets the gift of the White Sox. I'm assuming they let him go just like a normal start today and then shut him down or limit him to a couple of innings as a tune-up later this week.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So, ummmm.....what the heck are the Cleveland Indians doing? They're in a decrepit division which they can walkover every year for the foreseeable future. But they're......trying to save salary off what was a very middling $134m payroll (which was just a couple of million more than also-rans Minnesota and Kansas City)?

They trade away Francisco Mejia, the best hitting catching prospect in years, last season because they claimed to be happy with Yan Gomes.....and then trade away Gomes for a box of baseballs so they can start the .168 bat of Roberto Perez? Now they're looking to move Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer? What's going on here?

Comment

• Madness is the only answer I can come up with, revo.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So, ummmm.....what the heck are the Cleveland Indians doing? They're in a decrepit division which they can walkover every year for the foreseeable future. But they're......trying to save salary off what was a very middling $134m payroll (which was just a couple of million more than also-rans Minnesota and Kansas City)?

They trade away Francisco Mejia, the best hitting catching prospect in years, last season because they claimed to be happy with Yan Gomes.....and then trade away Gomes for a box of baseballs so they can start the .168 bat of Roberto Perez? Now they're looking to move Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer? What's going on here?
                        I posted in the rumor thread that i would trade a $9 million Carrasco before i parted with a top 5 pitcher like Kluber who is still signed to a team friendly deal for 3 more years at $13/$13.5/$14 million. Bauer could end up getting more than Kluber in arbitration after next season. So, i can see dealing him to avoid the high salary. But, i think ideally you wait for the trade deadline next year to maximize the return on Bauer. And Clevinger, Bieber, and Plutko will be dirt cheap for several more seasons. Salazar also hits arbitration after next season, but his extensive injury history limits his trade value.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• CarGo signs a ML deal, and they let go of Matt Joyce.

Comment

• Curious what the pen thinks.

a.l., 12 team, 5x5, onbase/total bases (no b.a./hr).

I have frankie lindor at $31 and prior to his injury, he was a sure fire protect. However, calf's are tricky, easily re-injured. Is he STILL the keeper I thought he was prior to injury??

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              Curious what the pen thinks.

a.l., 12 team, 5x5, onbase/total bases (no b.a./hr).

I have frankie lindor at $31 and prior to his injury, he was a sure fire protect. However, calf's are tricky, easily re-injured. Is he STILL the keeper I thought he was prior to injury??
                              I would probably say yes, but I love Lindor. He's young and spry and even if this tamps down his SBs a bit, I think he is a lot less likely to suffer a reoccurrence than Donaldson was.

Comment

• still yes
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X