2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Jose Ramirez has a .160 BA over his last 225 ABs dating back to last season.
    I know that is why I posted he sucks in a different thread.

Comment

• Kluber with a fractured forearm. That sucks. He has been pitching poorly, so I'm going to pretend this isn't a big loss. I hope he is back in a coupe of months stronger than he went out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Kluber with a fractured forearm. That sucks. He has been pitching poorly, so I'm going to pretend this isn't a big loss. I hope he is back in a coupe of months stronger than he went out.
        yeah, I guess that's all we can hope for ... or as you say, pretend ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• He will be out for awhile. Any idea who will replace him ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            He will be out for awhile. Any idea who will replace him ?
            Rotowire has it as Cody Anderson...Jefry Rodriguez might also be in the mix.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The struggles of Jose Ramirez continue to glare. Dating from August 18, 2018 (arbitrary start date that's immediately after his last hot streak) and including the post-season, he's 52-for-296 (.175 BA) with 5 HRs and 25 RBIs.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything regarding Carlos Carrasco?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Has anyone heard anything regarding Carlos Carrasco?
                  I found this article from yesterday. I think Kluber beats Carrasco back, but there is no real into on Carrasco, because he co to yes to choose to keep his health issue private.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019...ays-catch.html

Comment

• Carlos Santana really missed the AL. Currently slugging at .545 which is way over his career numbers and is on pace to career highs in HR and RBI. At 33 y/o this is a prime example of something being in the MLB water these days.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Carlos Santana really missed the AL. Currently slugging at .545 which is way over his career numbers and is on pace to career highs in HR and RBI. At 33 y/o this is a prime example of something being in the MLB water these days.
                      I bet on Santana this year. I've always liked him as an underrated player, especially in OBP leagues. He is doing better than even I thought he would, but there were indicators that a return to the Indians was going to be good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I bet on Santana this year. I've always liked him as an underrated player, especially in OBP leagues. He is doing better than even I thought he would, but there were indicators that a return to the Indians was going to be good for him.
                        in my a.l. only, we use on base...carlos.santana went for $32

Comment

• OK I just read this rumor from Morosi on Twitter that Cleveland is talking Bauer trade with Philadelphia.
                          https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...44937962323968
                          #Phillies and #Indians have discussed a possible Trevor Bauer trade, sources say, as I reported on @MLBNetwork this morning. @MLB
                          Why are these Bauer rumors even happening right now? Cleveland is 3 games back of Minnesota and leading the wildcard race. They somehow created a passable OF, Jose Ramirez is coming around and Kluber's return is on the horizon. WTF are they thinking?????? This makes zero sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            OK I just read this rumor from Morosi on Twitter that Cleveland is talking Bauer trade with Philadelphia.
                            https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...44937962323968

Why are these Bauer rumors even happening right now? Cleveland is 3 games back of Minnesota and leading the wildcard race. They somehow created a passable OF, Jose Ramirez is coming around and Kluber's return is on the horizon. WTF are they thinking?????? This makes zero sense.
                            Yeah, this would be an insult to their fans, if true. I hope they don't move anyone and go for it.

Comment

• If they're trading for a major league hitter and if they think Kluber/Carrasco are going to come back strong it could be explainable... not really if they're getting prospects.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                The struggles of Jose Ramirez continue to glare. Dating from August 18, 2018 (arbitrary start date that's immediately after his last hot streak) and including the post-season, he's 52-for-296 (.175 BA) with 5 HRs and 25 RBIs.
                                Apparently all it took for him to heat up was for me to trade him.

333 avg
                                .354 obp
                                .705 slg
                                1.059 ops

In 19 games since the all-star break
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X