No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kottaras and Aguilar recalled to take the places of Santana and Swisher on the active roster.

It's just been one of those years for the Tribe.

Oh wait, am I allowed to call them that anymore? It's so hard to know what the PC police will permit.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Although Trout is destined to win, Brantley has to be considered a top contender for the AL MVP award. I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish as high as 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Although Trout is destined to win, Brantley has to be considered a top contender for the AL MVP award. I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish as high as 2nd.
        I purchased Brantley for a low cost in a keeper league I entered this year.

I dropped him for someone else in Week 2. Not my best moment this year.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I purchased Brantley for a low cost in a keeper league I entered this year.

I dropped him for someone else in Week 2. Not my best moment this year.
          I know what you mean. I traded Chris Carter at the all-star break.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Incredbily, Victor Martinez is right there too.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I know what you mean. I traded Chris Carter at the all-star break.
              I TRIED to do the same thing. I pedaled Carter as part of trade offers to just about every team in my league, and found no takers. Thank goodness everyone's as dumb as I am!

Comment

I didn't really think about just how hot he was until I looked at what he's done for me. He got cut in my 12-team mixed on July 20, I picked him up on July 27th, and since then he's hit .275 with 15 home runs.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Carlos Carrasco has been an absolute beast since moving to the rotation. He's gotta be a guy to target next season.

Comment

Carlos Carrasco has been an absolute beast since moving to the rotation. He's gotta be a guy to target next season.
                    I have him for $1 keeper next year. I don't expect him to be this good but why not a 3.50 era...1.20 whip with 200 k.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I was at the game he pitch Monday . He pitches out of the stretch even without base runners.

Comment

Is T.J House as good as his prephirals suggest? 1.9 CTL and 7.1 DOM with a 61% GB ratio. He was even better than that with a 0.3 CTL and 7.8 DOM in September. A 10% swinging strike rate isn't too shabby neither. Cleveland might have one heck of a starting rotation with Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, and House. They just need some hitting around Brantley and some huge improvements on defense (maybe Lindor will help).

Comment

Originally posted by NIN View Post
                          Is T.J House as good as his prephirals suggest? 1.9 CTL and 7.1 DOM with a 61% GB ratio. He was even better than that with a 0.3 CTL and 7.8 DOM in September. A 10% swinging strike rate isn't too shabby neither. Cleveland might have one heck of a starting rotation with Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, and House. They just need some hitting around Brantley and some huge improvements on defense (maybe Lindor will help).
                          And don't forget Trevor Bauer.

Comment

Gavin Floyd has suffered a re-injury of the stress fracture in his right elbow.
                            Awful news for Floyd, who saw his 2014 season come to an end due to a stress fracture in the elbow. He's currently mulling over his options, which includes surgery. It was a risk for the Indians to guarantee $4 million to Floyd given his recent history and now it has come back to bite them. With Floyd sidelined, Danny Salazar and T.J. House now appear to be the favorites for the final two spots in the Indians' rotation.
                            Source: Cleveland Indians on TwitterMar 10 - 1:21 PM

Comment

Danny Salazar optioned to AAA today

I have the second pick in our AL only 5x5 reserve draft tomorrow, I guess that I have to consider him with that pick (no matter how frustrating he can be). He went $24 last year and was considered one of the "better" pitchers that we're going to be in our auction (it's a thin crop this year with Gray and Samardzija being the best available)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                                Danny Salazar optioned to AAA today

I have the second pick in our AL only 5x5 reserve draft tomorrow, I guess that I have to consider him with that pick (no matter how frustrating he can be). He went $24 last year and was considered one of the "better" pitchers that we're going to be in our auction (it's a thin crop this year with Gray and Samardzija being the best available)
                                If you're pitcher thin, I'd definitely go get him.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X