2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Plesac to the IL with a fractured right thumb. I can't imagine he's back before the standard 6 weeks for a break.
    Injured while aggressively taking off his shirt...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• No surgery for Plesac, they're going to hope he can throw in 3 weeks. So maybe 4 weeks is best case scenario?

Comment

• Shane Bieber out at least 3 weeks with a shoulder strain.

Comment

• And the hits just keep a comin.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            And the hits just keep a comin.
            With Bieber out that's certainly the case for opposing teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              With Bieber out that's certainly the case for opposing teams.
              But they now will have to start McKenzie..Oh wait.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                But they now will have to start McKenzie..Oh wait.
                After all of Tristan's misadventures this season, if ever there was a favorable start it was vs Mariners at home and he crapped the bed so badly I'll be surprised if we see him again before September.

Comment

• Anibal Sanchez?

Comment

• I am sure it must be because I am tired and full of Scotch, but someone else me out here--is Karinchak getting the win tonight, even though he pitched the 8th innings, 3 innings after his team took the lead for good, the norm or the exception? He did pitch a perfect inning, but none of the relievers before him gave up a run either. In roto, he was the most effective reliever, but I don't recall if that is always the bench mark for scorers picking which reliever gets the win. Is it a rule to give it to the reliever that allows the fewest hits/walks, or is their more gray area? Is there clear guidelines for who is deemed most effective, is what I am asking, beyond runs given up, and is the tie breaker which reliever pitched when the team took the lead for good? I feel like I have seen that happen, but maybe not. I guess I am wondering if one of the other guys did not give up a hit or a walk, if they would have gotten the win over Karinchak, because they pitched closer to when the lead was taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I am sure it must be because I am tired and full of Scotch, but someone else me out here--is Karinchak getting the win tonight, even though he pitched the 8th innings, 3 innings after his team took the lead for good, the norm or the exception? He did pitch a perfect inning, but none of the relievers before him gave up a run either. In roto, he was the most effective reliever, but I don't recall if that is always the bench mark for scorers picking which reliever gets the win. Is it a rule to give it to the reliever that allows the fewest hits/walks, or is their more gray area? Is there clear guidelines for who is deemed most effective, is what I am asking, beyond runs given up, and is the tie breaker which reliever pitched when the team took the lead for good? I feel like I have seen that happen, but maybe not. I guess I am wondering if one of the other guys did not give up a hit or a walk, if they would have gotten the win over Karinchak, because they pitched closer to when the lead was taken.
                      Yeah, I did not understand this ruling at all. Cleveland had a 5 run lead after the 4th, Parker gave up a run in the 5th, so I can see not giving it to him...tough but understandable. Maton pitched the 6th and gave up a couple of hit, but also struck out the side with no damage. Witgren pitched the 7th with a walk, and then Karinchak pitched the 8th, still with a 5 run lead and gets the win???

Maton should have gotten the win if they weren't going to give it to Parker...makes no sense at all.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I am sure it must be because I am tired and full of Scotch, but someone else me out here--is Karinchak getting the win tonight, even though he pitched the 8th innings, 3 innings after his team took the lead for good, the norm or the exception? He did pitch a perfect inning, but none of the relievers before him gave up a run either. In roto, he was the most effective reliever, but I don't recall if that is always the bench mark for scorers picking which reliever gets the win. Is it a rule to give it to the reliever that allows the fewest hits/walks, or is their more gray area? Is there clear guidelines for who is deemed most effective, is what I am asking, beyond runs given up, and is the tie breaker which reliever pitched when the team took the lead for good? I feel like I have seen that happen, but maybe not. I guess I am wondering if one of the other guys did not give up a hit or a walk, if they would have gotten the win over Karinchak, because they pitched closer to when the lead was taken.
                        It's completely subjective and at the discretion of the official scorer.

Comment

• Probably because the official scorer was tired and full of Scotch. Which I can hardly object to, though my Scotch drinking days are pretty much over.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Yeah, I did not understand this ruling at all. Cleveland had a 5 run lead after the 4th, Parker gave up a run in the 5th, so I can see not giving it to him...tough but understandable. Maton pitched the 6th and gave up a couple of hit, but also struck out the side with no damage. Witgren pitched the 7th with a walk, and then Karinchak pitched the 8th, still with a 5 run lead and gets the win???

Maton should have gotten the win if they weren't going to give it to Parker...makes no sense at all.
                            Yeah, Maton is who I had in mind as well. I am not complaining as I have Karinchak in the line up this week, but it was a pleasant and perplexing surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              It's completely subjective and at the discretion of the official scorer.
                              So I just have to pay off the official scorer from now on to always give the win to my guys, got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Probably because the official scorer was tired and full of Scotch. Which I can hardly object to, though my Scotch drinking days are pretty much over.
                                So I can pay off the official scorer with Scotch, got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X