Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    He's the one I would guess.

Are they seriously going to play Oscar Mercado in CF?

J
    Outside of the massive babip fall, what happened to Mercado in 2020 that suggests the 2019 version isn't more realistic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Outside of the massive babip fall, what happened to Mercado in 2020 that suggests the 2019 version isn't more realistic?
      Small sample size, but his K% went way up, too. And 2019 wasn't that great; any drop from that makes him pretty iffy as a first-division regular.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Bobby Bradley gets one last kick at it. He hit a massive HR the other day.
        MLB.com predicts Bradley wins the 1b job.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          MLB.com predicts Bradley wins the 1b job.
          I hope he does. He has some pop. More intriguing than Bauers, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Are they seriously going to play Oscar Mercado in CF?
            Unless they move Amed Rosario out there, I don't think their option list provides anyone better than Mercado.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Unless they move Amed Rosario out there, I don't think their option list provides anyone better than Mercado.
              That is possibly a long-term plan after they service time mess with Gimenez. But who knows if he can actually do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                That is possibly a long-term plan after they service time mess with Gimenez. But who knows if he can actually do it?
                Is there any reputable source suggesting that they will mess with Gimenez's service time? I've seen that speculation on this board and no where else but it's possible there are other sources.

What other player who already has a year of service time has been option for service time manipulation. I know we've seen it with rookies, but that's not the situation here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Is there any reputable source suggesting that they will mess with Gimenez's service time? I've seen that speculation on this board and no where else but it's possible there are other sources.

What other player who already has a year of service time has been option for service time manipulation. I know we've seen it with rookies, but that's not the situation here.
                  Lots of sources were saying that (I don't remember which) after the trade, but it was pure speculation. With Rosario now starting to play OF next week, it looks like Gimenez is going to be the SS.

Comment

• Amed Rosario is an absolute disaster in CF.

Comment

Amed Rosario is an absolute disaster in CF.
                      Im not sure they could have made a bigger mistake than naming Gimenez the starter before trading Rosario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Im not sure they could have made a bigger mistake than naming Gimenez the starter before trading Rosario.
                        Oh there are much bigger mistakes. If you were a Rangers fan in the 90s you'd be saying "hold my beer".

Check out John Burkett's transaction history:

December 22, 1994: Traded by the San Francisco Giants to the Texas Rangers for Rich Aurilia and Desi Wilson.
                        April 7, 1995: Granted Free Agency.

Comment

Amed Rosario is an absolute disaster in CF.
                          Pure over-reaction. Other than catching flyballs and fielding hits that reach him on the ground, he was just fine.

Comment

• Geesh, you guys are a tough crowd. It was his first game ever in CF! And maybe his last! Give the guy a break .

Comment

• Oscar Mercado sent down to AAA. I guess it's Rosario's job anyway.

Comment

• Zimmer shipped out, too, so it's either Ben Gamel or Amed in CF or some of both. And Bauers at 1B.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X