2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Indians option OF Oscar Mercado to their alternate training site.
    how the mighty have fallen

Comment

• Supposedly Oliver Perez said if Plesac and Clevinger were reinstated for the tigers game he would opt out and there were a few other players pretty pissed. This does not sound like it will blow over. One radio head said Clevinger has pitched his last game for Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Supposedly Oliver Perez said if Plesac and Clevinger were reinstated for the tigers game he would opt out and there were a few other players pretty pissed. This does not sound like it will blow over. One radio head said Clevinger has pitched his last game for Cleveland.
        Padres will take him, Lindor too.......
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Padres will take him, Lindor too.......
          I'd love the marlins to get him, but if I was a betting man, I would put a few sheckels on Atlanta getting Clevinger.

Comment

• Markakis ain't exactly Acuna or Albies, but he was against playing in COVID 2020 before he was for it.

if Clevinger comes aboard, does he reverse course again? I suspect every team will have a number of players who see Clevinger and Plesac as pariahs.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Carlos Santana was wearing a banned Chief Wahoo logo shirt under his partially unbuttoned uniform jersey on Tuesday. He also did a post-game press conference wearing only the logo shirt.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Carlos Santana was wearing a banned Chief Wahoo logo shirt under his partially unbuttoned uniform jersey on Tuesday. He also did a post-game press conference wearing only the logo shirt.
                Banned? Who banned the logo?

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                  Banned? Who banned the logo?
                  The Indians did at the beginning of the 2019 season.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Triston McKenzie looks pretty great tonight. Dude is 98% arms and legs...great curve too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Triston McKenzie looks pretty great tonight. Dude is 98% arms and legs...great curve too.
                      McKenzie is the first pitcher to record 10+ Ks with 2 hits or less in their debut start since Steve Woodard in 1997.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        McKenzie is the first pitcher to record 10+ Ks with 2 hits or less in their debut start since Steve Woodard in 1997.
                        It was also the first regular season game that McKenzie has pitched since August 2018. He's likely to be on a strict pitch count all year. He threw 80 pitches (56 for strikes) on Saturday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Clevinger starting today....time served I guess.

Comment

Clevinger starting today....time served I guess.
                            Or a trade showcase. Should mean a two-start week next week if I'm counting right.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Or a trade showcase. Should mean a two-start week next week if I'm counting right.
                              Not sure you need a "trade showcase" for a guy as good as Mike Clevinger.

Comment

Not sure you need a "trade showcase" for a guy as good as Mike Clevinger.
                                Maybe. If I were dealing for him, though, I'd sure want to make sure he was game sharp before ponying up.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X