No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see how this plays out. I've always felt there's a severe double standard when it comes to players who have ran afoul of moral issues. Usually the team who the player was employed by suffers the consequences, as they're pressed by fans and the media to cut ties and oftentimes are stuck paying his salary, but then another team comes along and scoops them up, no questions asked. It's happened with Michael Vick, Kareem Hunt, DeShaun Watson, and I'm sure many others I can't think of.

In this case the Dodgers will pay the bill, cut Bauer, and another team will pluck him off the scrap heap and pay him just above minimum wage to be a major part of their rotation.

Let's see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I want to see how this plays out. I've always felt there's a severe double standard when it comes to players who have ran afoul of moral issues. Usually the team who the player was employed by suffers the consequences, as they're pressed by fans and the media to cut ties and oftentimes are stuck paying his salary, but then another team comes along and scoops them up, no questions asked. It's happened with Michael Vick, Kareem Hunt, DeShaun Watson, and I'm sure many others I can't think of.

In this case the Dodgers will pay the bill, cut Bauer, and another team will pluck him off the scrap heap and pay him just above minimum wage to be a major part of their rotation.

Let's see how it goes.
      Besides his current sexual related issues I believe he's widely recognized as a deplorable teammate and company employee. He probably voted for Trump too.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Besides his current sexual related issues I believe he's widely recognized as a deplorable teammate and company employee. He probably voted for Trump too.
        LOL, you're killing me today Harmon.

Comment

• Dodgers released Bauer today.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Dodgers released Bauer today.
            Will he get signed elsewhere? There is one very pro Bauer owner in my league and a whole lot of of guys who would not even bid on the guy, including me. I fear the pro-Bauer owner will get him from $1 or $3 if he does sign somewhere. Hate to see value going to another contender, but I don't want to get stuck with him by price enforcing. But it just takes two and I don't know the feelings on rostering him of all 14 league members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Will he get signed elsewhere? There is one very pro Bauer owner in my league and a whole lot of of guys who would not even bid on the guy, including me. I fear the pro-Bauer owner will get him from $1 or $3 if he does sign somewhere. Hate to see value going to another contender, but I don't want to get stuck with him by price enforcing. But it just takes two and I don't know the feelings on rostering him of all 14 league members.
              I would still take Bauer at a discounted price. It sounds to me like the sex incident(s) was(were) consensual and she wanted to make a small fortune from it. Her text messages to Bauer show her saying that she wanted to be choked and roughed up the next time they had sex.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I would still take Bauer at a discounted price. It sounds to me like the sex incident(s) was(were) consensual and she wanted to make a small fortune from it. Her text messages to Bauer show her saying that she wanted to be choked and roughed up the next time they had sex.
                I hate to say Im probably in this camp too. And if you arent taking Bauer, you arent taking Chapman, Ozuna, et al? I'd rather just win my league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I hate to say Im probably in this camp too. And if you arent taking Bauer, you arent taking Chapman, Ozuna, et al? I'd rather just win my league.
                  Yeah sadly true.

The way you win fantasy baseball is through finding discounts.

If you remember, a couple years ago the RJ team drafting NFBC wanted to take Bauer in the 1st round. I was the main opposition because he was so volatile (both on and off the field). We took him anyway.

Early rounds you need stability, late rounds volatility, like Bauer, is a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I was not there so I do not know what happened…but I’m just going to leave these here:

The woman, named only as Ms Hill, released the snap through her attorney Bryan Freedman on Thursday. Bauer insists their sex was entirely consensual, and claims he has proof.

The nurse, Kelly Valencia, described the bruising on the woman's genitals as "red and purple." She said on Tuesday that "it was frankly alarming."

https://theathletic.com/2370865/2021/02/06/dodgers-trevor-bauer-clubhouse-problem/?source=user_shared_article

However, I will also share this one too:

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/09/14/trevo...t-video-proof/
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Torn ACL for Gavin Lux, done for the year

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Torn ACL for Gavin Lux, done for the year
                        Brutal. He added speed to his swing and seemed poised for a break out.

Comment

• Can't imagine how crushing that must be for a young guy like this.

Comment

• Trevor Bauer has agreed to a one-year, $4 million contract with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars of Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Trevor Bauer has agreed to a one-year, $4 million contract with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars of Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball.

Sayanora Trevor, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment

• So, Bauer thumbs his nose at MLB's silent ban on giving him a new contract and collects his full $22.5 million salary from the Dodgers plus an extra $4 million while showing MLB teams what they are missing while he excels in a competitive pro league on the other side of the world.

Bauer may be an asshole, but the guy knows how to promote his brand. I'm betting that he will have more followers than ever on Twitter and several MLB teams will have a bidding war for him to play for them next season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X