2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    This may not turn out well for Shohei & the Dodgers. Add this to how Yamamoto looked today and we could be witnessing the fastest flush of a billion dollars in MLB history.

(Too much of an overreaction?)
    The Dodgers and their cable TV money hardly knew each other.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani said his former interpreter Ippei Mizuhara stole money from his account and has been telling lies about an illegal bookmaking operation.

Ohtani added more to this complex, yet intriguing situation between himself and his former interpreter Ippei Mizuhara. Not only did Ohtani say he’s never bet on any MLB games or other sports, but he said Mizuhara admitted to him that he stole money from his account and sent it to an alleged illegal bookmaker, Matthew Bowyer. “I’m very saddened and shocked that someone who I trusted has done this,” Ohtani said during a press conference on Monday. “I never bet on baseball or any other sports. I have never asked someone to do that on my behalf. I never went through a bookmaker.” The 29-year-old also said that Ippei never told him about the media inquiry surrounding the $4.5 million wire transfer and that Ippei was lying to Ohtani’s representatives. Ohtani did not take questions after his statement, but said he will fully cooperate with federal and MLB investigators.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• You just knew that Pete Rose wouldn't be able to resist commenting on the Ohtani situation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers extend C Will Smith for 10-years/ $140 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Why did Glasnow get scratched from tonight's game?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Why did Glasnow get scratched from tonight's game?
              I guess Glasnow wasn't scheduled for tonight's game and it was just a Yahoo error. Bullpen game tonight. Maybe Dodgers really are going with a six-man rotation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Freaking Dave Roberts could have let Glasnow pitch one more inning tonight with only 88 pitches through 7 shutout innings. Glasnow had everything working tonight with a career high (tied) 14 K's and 0 BB and 3 hits allowed. Ugh...managers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Freaking Dave Roberts could have let Glasnow pitch one more inning tonight with only 88 pitches through 7 shutout innings. Glasnow had everything working tonight with a career high (tied) 14 K's and 0 BB and 3 hits allowed. Ugh...managers.
                  Didn’t the Dodgers win? With all the injuries to pitchers and Glasnow’s history, why would anyone be upset that Roberts pulled Glasnow when he did?
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                    Didn’t the Dodgers win? With all the injuries to pitchers and Glasnow’s history, why would anyone be upset that Roberts pulled Glasnow when he did?
                    I always want more from my pitchers lol. I would have let Glasnow pitch the 8th until he allowed a baserunner and then give him the quick hook. The way Glasnow was pitching, he may have had a another 1-2-3 inning and still finished with 98-99 pitches.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I always want more from my pitchers lol. I would have let Glasnow pitch the 8th until he allowed a baserunner and then give him the quick hook. The way Glasnow was pitching, he may have had a another 1-2-3 inning and still finished with 98-99 pitches.
                      I hear you, but with the way pitchers are getting injured, I’d rather him come out a batter or two too early, than too late. He finished strong, got the win and came out healthy.

(7 IP, 14 K, 0 BB, 3 H and 0 ER is an amazing outing to me…especially since I got him in the SeaDog Stat Memorial League. Perhaps I’m just too easily satisfied. lol)

2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• First it was $4.5 million, now they are saying that Ohtani's interpretor stole $16 million! They say that Ohtani takes very little interest in the financial side of his life. While it must be nice to not worry about money matters, a theft of this size going unnoticed is very hard to believe.

U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada said that bets do not appear to have been made on baseball, but they were placed between 2021 and 2024. Estrada also added that Mizuhara allegedly lied to the bank to access the account and lied about his identification and told them he was Ohtani.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers’ manager Dave Roberts’ told reporters on Sunday that Emmet Sheehan (forearm) has once again been shut down from throwing.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X