Clear All

• As noted on a blog I just saw, the Dodgers rotation as of right now:

Walker Buehler
    Julio Urias
    Andrew Heaney
    Tony Gonsolin
    David Price
    Andre Jackson
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      As noted on a blog I just saw, the Dodgers rotation as of right now:

Walker Buehler
      Julio Urias
      Andrew Heaney
      Tony Gonsolin
      David Price
      Andre Jackson
      And they'll still find a way to win 100 games.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Trevor Bauer should be starting his new career incarcerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          Trevor Bauer should be starting his new career incarcerated.
          Not sure how you didnt jump at the chance to make a California Penal League reference

Comment

• Max Muncy's elbow injury turns out to be a torn UCL.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• LA Courts not filing charges on Bauer, but MLB can still do whatever it wants (likely 10-20 game suspension)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                LA Courts not filing charges on Bauer, but MLB can still do whatever it wants (likely 10-20 game suspension)
                Does he get credit for "time served" for the administrative leave last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  LA Courts not filing charges on Bauer, but MLB can still do whatever it wants (likely 10-20 game suspension)
                  Man, this is the worst news possible for Dodger fans and the organization. What do you do now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Man, this is the worst news possible for Dodger fans and the organization. What do you do now?
                    Play him, cut him, or trade him (unlikely)

Comment

• I can think of a few things...
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Brutal news for the organization. A relatively minor frustration, but I know most of the folks in my league, including me, will refuse to bid on him, but I know one owner at least will have no problems rostering him. He is going to end up going really, really cheap to that guy, unless someone else gets in on the bidding and bids him up. I would be tempted to price enforce, but the risk of getting him and having to cut him and waste the auction dollars is too much past a few bucks, and even there, I hope someone else does the bidding.

ETA: This assumes a team signs up after the Dodgers cut him. I think some team will, but not sure. Dodgers will cut, I bet. Some cheap, shady owner will hang his hat on no charges and sign him cheap, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Brutal news for the organization. A relatively minor frustration, but I know most of the folks in my league, including me, will refuse to bid on him, but I know one owner at least will have no problems rostering him. He is going to end up going really, really cheap to that guy, unless someone else gets in on the bidding and bids him up. I would be tempted to price enforce, but the risk of getting him and having to cut him and waste the auction dollars is too much past a few bucks, and even there, I hope someone else does the bidding.

ETA: This assumes a team signs up after the Dodgers cut him. I think some team will, but not sure. Dodgers will cut, I bet. Some cheap, shady owner will hang his hat on no charges and sign him cheap, I think.
                          I can't stand Bauer and I don't think it's the *right* thing, but don't these tend to just get brushed to the side over time? Ben Roethlisberger, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson, Jameis Winston, etc, etc.

Why will this one be different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Brutal news for the organization. A relatively minor frustration, but I know most of the folks in my league, including me, will refuse to bid on him, but I know one owner at least will have no problems rostering him. He is going to end up going really, really cheap to that guy, unless someone else gets in on the bidding and bids him up. I would be tempted to price enforce, but the risk of getting him and having to cut him and waste the auction dollars is too much past a few bucks, and even there, I hope someone else does the bidding.

Have the Dodgers indicated they will cut him ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The Dodgers owe him $64m over the next two years. Why should the Dodgers cut him, only to see another team pick him up and pay him the league minimum? If he’s not “toxic” enough to play for another team, why is he too toxic for the Dodgers? This kind of thing has happened way too often throughout sports — Kareem Hunt, Michael Vick, Plaxico Burress, etc.

He may be a total asshole, but if he wasn’t charged with a crime, then let him play. Fans don’t have to root for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I can't stand Bauer and I don't think it's the *right* thing, but don't these tend to just get brushed to the side over time? Ben Roethlisberger, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson, Jameis Winston, etc, etc.

Why will this one be different?
                                Oh, no doubt, but short term, the Dodgers have such deep pockets, I'd be surprised if they didn't move him and pay most of his contract just to get him off the team. IDK, maybe not. I just think the Dodgers have so much money coming in they would not want to risk the PR hit. And any time there are photos involved, that really raises the outrage level, so that is a factor, I think. Also, it is noteworthy that all the guys you named are from other sports. Baseball seems to have less tolerance for such things, but I guess we will see with Bauer.

My league has a lot of folks who just refuse to roster guys they can't stand--it takes away the fun to do so is the general philosophy for most of us. But we have a couple of new owners, so maybe they will keep the one guy I know loves Bauer honest (he just texted me about Bauer, reveling in the fact that a good, misunderstood guy didn't get brought down by a lying crazy B, as he put it). I am a little worried about how it shakes out, because I think we will go into the auction 1-2 in terms of keeper value, so we are both contenders. I just don't think I will be able to bring myself to price enforce Bauer, so I hope someone will, because I do think he will be pitching at some point in 2022. While I don't think he is a true ace without the sticky stuff, he is really good and a very cheap Bauer could be a real difference maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X