2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    It seemed like the Dodgers were really pushing their relievers to keep the ball down last year. If he's in the rotation I can see May being encouraged/allowed to work more up in the zone.
    That is an evolving strategy now to adjust to the launch angle and should be a boon for a guy like May.

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that Major League Baseball is investigating balls collected from Trevor Bauer's start against the A's on Wednesday.

According to Rosenthal, the balls had "visible markings and were sticky, and were sent to the league offices for further inspection." As the reporter also points out, it remains to be seen if the league can prove that Bauer is the one who applied the sticky substance, so there's no obvious discipline coming even if they rule that there was a banned substance on the baseball.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that Major League Baseball is investigating balls collected from Trevor Bauer's start against the A's on Wednesday.

According to Rosenthal, the balls had "visible markings and were sticky, and were sent to the league offices for further inspection." As the reporter also points out, it remains to be seen if the league can prove that Bauer is the one who applied the sticky substance, so there's no obvious discipline coming even if they rule that there was a banned substance on the baseball.
        I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, Bauer pretty much said "Come at me, bro" to MLB regarding the sticky stuff last year.

On the other hand, it's still something that almost all pitchers are doing. So it's interesting to see MLB to announce they'll start investigating and then immediately go after Bauer as their first target.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, Bauer pretty much said "Come at me, bro" to MLB regarding the sticky stuff last year.

On the other hand, it's still something that almost all pitchers are doing. So it's interesting to see MLB to announce they'll start investigating and then immediately go after Bauer as their first target.
          Same for me. On one hand, if you're going to taunt The Man, better be ready to pay the price. OTOH, as much as I don't like Bauer, I'd have been happier if MLB had collected balls from about 20-30 pitchers including Bauer to see if the claim of a very high percentage of pitchers are doing the same thing.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Same for me. On one hand, if you're going to taunt The Man, better be ready to pay the price. OTOH, as much as I don't like Bauer, I'd have been happier if MLB had collected balls from about 20-30 pitchers including Bauer to see if the claim of a very high percentage of pitchers are doing the same thing.
            I think this is more about MLB sending a message to all pitchers that they are now being closely watched and Bauer is the perfect guy to scrutinize. As Rosenthal points out, there is unlikely to be sufficient evidence for any discipline of Bauer. It will be interesting to see if guys like Bauer, Cole, etc see drops in their spin rates during their next few starts.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bellinger to the IL with the dreaded "calf issue"

Mookie also sitting out again with a sore back.

Comment

• Dodgers place 2B Gavin Lux on the 10-day IL with a sore wrist.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Knebel exits the game in the 9th after an apparent injury.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Knebel exits the game in the 9th after an apparent injury.
                    looked bad...like an arm injury

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      looked bad...like an arm injury
                      Definitely. He's done.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Knebel exits the game in the 9th after an apparent injury.
                        Dodgers placed RP Corey Knebel on the 10-day injured list with a lat injury.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts stated that it may be a few months (wow!) before Knebel will be able to return, but hopes the right-hander can rejoin the team this season. Roberts added that the injury is not a tear and will not require surgery.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lux up, Price down.

Comment

• I hope Lux can get his stroke back, but the way Chris Taylor is swinging the bat, things are still pretty crowded.

Comment

• For a top 5 pick, Mookie Betts rides bench way too damn much

Comment

• Graterol with the dreaded tightness in forearm diagnosis. He's already had TJ and shoulder issues, too, so this is very much not a good thing. Minnesota looking like they got the better end of that trade thus far.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X