No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The body of 37 year-old Charlie Haeger, who pitched in 34 games for the Dodgers, White Sox, and Padres between 2006-2010 was found Saturday afternoon in Flagstaff, Arizona after murdering his ex-girlfriend in Scottsdale, Arizona on Friday. Haeger had suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound and his body was found along the southern rim of the Grand Canyon.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Mookie Betts playing second base tonight.
      This turned out to be Mookie's only game at second base. Betts had 2 total chances, 2 assists, and 0 errors.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Free agent outfielder Yasiel Puig, who last played for the Indians and Reds in 2019, is being sued for alleged sexual battery while still a member of the Dodgers in 2018. The incident is alleged to have happened in a Staples Center restroom during a Lakers game.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/29/yasie...r-lakers-game/

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers blow past the cap with the Bauer signing. Not sure if this impacts resigning Justin Turner (probably not) but increases the likelihood that David Price, Pollock (less likely), or even Jansen (even less likely) are moved. If Turner isn't signed, Edwin Rios makes a very attractive NL only or deep league play.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Dodger rotation:

1 - Kershaw
            2- Buehler
            3 - Bauer
            4 - Urias
            5 - Price(?)
            6 - May
            7 - Gonsolin

That's nucking futs!

Comment

• I’m guessing Urias is the most likely to go to the bullpen right now, given his lengthy and serious injury history. Plus the paucity of good LHP options on the pen right now.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Maybe you'll deal two of those young stud arms to the Brewers for Josh Hader now.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Maybe you'll deal two of those young stud arms to the Brewers for Josh Hader now.
                  That makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Comment

Maybe you'll deal two of those young stud arms to the Brewers for Josh Hader now.
                    May and Gonsolin for Hader and a nod and wink by Brewers to scale down Turner offers.

Comment

Well, Hader is already expensive and in his arb years and only throws ~60IP per year. I'm not sure who I'd even trade for him one for one, much less two for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        May and Gonsolin for Hader and a nod and wink by Brewers to scale down Turner offers.
                        The Dodgers usually do well in their trades. This, well, this would not be good by an enormous long shot. May is more valuable than Hader by himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Well, Hader is already expensive and in his arb years and only throws ~60IP per year. I'm not sure who I'd even trade for him one for one, much less two for one.
                          I happen to agree. I’m just hoping.

Comment

The Dodgers usually do well in their trades. This, well, this would not be good by an enormous long shot. May is more valuable than Hader by himself.
                            Yeah, I was thinking of lesser arms, like Josiah Gray. May alone would be more than enough. I doubt the Dodgers would give him. But trading Gonslin or Gray for him would make sense for the Dodgers. Hader is a beast.

Comment

• Yeah, any team gets markedly better by having Hader at the end of their pen, that's for sure. Hard to tell what Gonsolin's value is right now. Gray is a top 100 prospect. Seems like with other, more valuable guys (like Snell) going for such cheap prices that'd be a hefty price to pay for Hader. Hader makes, what $6.5M already? And he'll get a big raise next year and then free agency? Haven't looked at his contract but it's something like that, iirc.

Edit: One hundred grand an inning - not a bad job if you can get it!

Comment

Yeah, any team gets markedly better by having Hader at the end of their pen, that's for sure. Hard to tell what Gonsolin's value is right now. Gray is a top 100 prospect. Seems like with other, more valuable guys (like Snell) going for such cheap prices that'd be a hefty price to pay for Hader. Hader makes, what $6.5M already? And he'll get a big raise next year and then free agency? Haven't looked at his contract but it's something like that, iirc.

Edit: One hundred grand an inning - not a bad job if you can get it!
                                Your team just gave Bauer 200k an inning for the next two years...

Comment

Working...
                                X