No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am knot going to stand for any more puns.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Sad news from ESPN:
      "A 5-year-old boy and a woman drowned Saturday in the backyard pool of a Houston home that reportedly belongs to former Dodger Carl Crawford, police said Sunday.

Houston police were called at about 2:40 p.m. Saturday for a reported drowning at a north Houston home that property and business records list as belonging to Crawford, The Houston Chronicle reported.

Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva told the paper that the boy was swimming in the pool when he began to have trouble breathing, and the woman jumped in to save him. Both were unresponsive when police arrived and later declared dead at a hospital, Silva said."

There was no mention of the victims' relationship to Crawford.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow, I did not realize Andrew Toles mental health issues had become this bad:

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Wow, I did not realize Andrew Toles mental health issues had become this bad:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/family-...204035449.html
          Someone asked why the Key West police put him in jail. I said, "It's the only safe place they have available there." It's a small town and probably doesn't HAVE any mental health facility.

In a way, it's probably good that his issues have become public. Maybe now his family can get conservatorship for him and find a facility where he can get proper evaluation and treatment.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• The Dodgers sign former Marlins closer A.J. Ramos. He hasn't pitched in the majors since having labrum surgery on his right shoulder back in June of 2018.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Dodgers sign former Marlins closer A.J. Ramos. He hasn't pitched in the majors since having labrum surgery on his right shoulder back in June of 2018.
              It's worth a throw of the dart to find out if he has anything. He wasn't that bad with the Marlins.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

• David Price opts out of playing this season.

Comment

• The Dodgers place SP Walker Buehler on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 23, with a blister on his right hand.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think i'm starting to understand why the Dodgers hesitated for so long to make Ross Stripling a starter.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mookie Betts playing second base tonight.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Mookie Betts playing second base tonight.
                        For real? How long has it been since he played 2B?
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          For real? How long has it been since he played 2B?
                          twitter says he will be moving back and forth the rest of the season. could get 5 game eligibility.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• 09.10: Mookie Betts is leading off and playing second base on Thursday against the Diamondbacks.
                            (Well that's fun. Betts will be playing second base for the 16th time in his MLB career, and the first time as a member of the Dodgers. It will be the first time he lines up at the keystone since September 28, 2014. The Dodgers will have Enrique Hernandez playing right field on Thursday, with Gavin Lux getting a night off.)
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dodgers place SP Walker Buehler on the 10-day IL with a blister on his right hand.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In his first year with the Dodgers, Mookie Betts has surpassed the Yankees Aaron Judge as baseball's top-selling jersey.

Judge's pinstriped No. 99 had been the most popular uniform in the majors for three straight years, but he's now been bumped by Betts, according to data released by Major League Baseball.

Here is the entire top 20 of the best selling baseball jerseys during the 2020 season, per a release from MLB:

1. Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers
                                2. Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
                                3. Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
                                4. Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego Padres
                                5. Juan Soto, Washington Nationals
                                6. Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
                                7. Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals
                                8. Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
                                9. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
                                10. Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
                                11. Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
                                12. Manny Machado, San Diego Padres
                                13. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
                                14. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
                                15. Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
                                16. Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees
                                17. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
                                18. Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
                                19. Gerrit Cole, New York Yankees
                                20. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X