2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I imagine they're very keen on getting Jansen back, since he was really good last year. I don't think they want to spend much to accomplish that so there's a good chance he'll go elsewhere. Don't think his signing would be tied to Freeman in any manner.
    I was thinking that even the mighty Dodgers might not want to spend on Jansen if they shelled out for Freeman.

Comment

I imagine they're very keen on getting Jansen back, since he was really good last year. I don't think they want to spend much to accomplish that so there's a good chance he'll go elsewhere. Don't think his signing would be tied to Freeman in any manner.
      Who do they have on staff to replace Jansen, the next guy up?
      Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
        Who do they have on staff to replace Jansen, the next guy up?
        Blake Treinen
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Bene or others plugged into the Dodgers--what do you think the long term plans for Diego Cartaya and Will Smith are? I'm faced with an extension for Will Smith and I firmly believe he will be a top 5 catcher for years to come, if he continues to catch. He is a great hitter at catcher. Less so elsewhere. Cartaya looks like he could be every bit as good as Smith--an eventual top 5 catcher in his own right eventually. So, how will that play out? Will one of them get traded? How secure is Smith as the Dodgers catcher for the next 3-4 years? I know it takes longer for catchers to develop fully, so maybe Cartaya won't be ready for longer than I think? I'm thinking he will be ready by 2024. When he is, will he take over for Smith or will one get traded?

Comment

• Dodgers sign Tyler Anderson and roster resource moves him into the rotation above Gonsolin. I tend to agree...Anderson might be a sneaky pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Bene or others plugged into the Dodgers--what do you think the long term plans for Diego Cartaya and Will Smith are? I'm faced with an extension for Will Smith and I firmly believe he will be a top 5 catcher for years to come, if he continues to catch. He is a great hitter at catcher. Less so elsewhere. Cartaya looks like he could be every bit as good as Smith--an eventual top 5 catcher in his own right eventually. So, how will that play out? Will one of them get traded? How secure is Smith as the Dodgers catcher for the next 3-4 years? I know it takes longer for catchers to develop fully, so maybe Cartaya won't be ready for longer than I think? I'm thinking he will be ready by 2024. When he is, will he take over for Smith or will one get traded?
              I mean, if Smith continues to be the kind of catcher he has been thus far it will be hard for Cartaya to crack the starting lineup. That said, catchers never last long. But we do know the Dodgers will use a top catcher prospect as trade bait for a star like they did with Keibert Ruiz. I'd be okay with a moderate extension for Smith but as a personal thing I'm hesitant to ever bank on any catcher for anything, given the volatility of the position.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Dodgers sign Tyler Anderson and roster resource moves him into the rotation above Gonsolin. I tend to agree...Anderson might be a sneaky pick.
                Just competition for the back of the rotation at this point.

Comment

Just competition for the back of the rotation at this point.
                  Rotation locks: Buehler, Urias, Kershaw

Who knows: Bauer

Competition for last two spots: Heaney, Price, Gonsolin, Anderson

Gonsolin probably deserves a spot but he also has an option remaining. Lots of lefty options in that rotation - maybe too many.

Edit: The "starting five" concept is given more weight than it should, imo. The Dodgers, perhaps most of all, use a very deep rotation and employ a deep stable of starters. Not 100% sure how the new restrictions on options within the year will affect that, but they certainly get creative with their starting pitchers.
                  Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-18-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Rotation locks: Buehler, Urias, Kershaw

Who knows: Bauer

Competition for last two spots: Heaney, Price, Gonsolin, Anderson

Gonsolin probably deserves a spot but he also has an option remaining. Lots of lefty options in that rotation - maybe too many.

Edit: The "starting five" concept is given more weight than it should, imo. The Dodgers, perhaps most of all, use a very deep rotation and employ a deep stable of starters. Not 100% sure how the new restrictions on options within the year will affect that, but they certainly get creative with their starting pitchers.
                    I'm most interested in taking a flyer on Gonsolin vs any of the other three. Change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                      I'm most interested in taking a flyer on Gonsolin vs any of the other three. Change my mind.
                      Hey man, you do you. Let that freak flag fly!

Comment

• Not sure if this is better suited for the “Overreact to Spring Training” thread, but Cody Bellinger is currently 3-17 with 12 Ks. Given his horrific 2021, ummmm……

Comment

• Dave Roberts just said that both Heaney and Gonsolin will start the year in the rotation. Heaney has looked very, very hittable this far. Buyer beware.

Comment

Dave Roberts just said that both Heaney and Gonsolin will start the year in the rotation. Heaney has looked very, very hittable this far. Buyer beware.
                            Hoping for Bobby Miller later this year.

First pitch, 100 mph fastball. Triple-digits, a number he’d flashed briefly in his stint at the Arizona Fall League last year. Only this was no aberration. The velocity carried throughout the outing, touching 101 mph as opponents struggled to make contact, let alone put a ball in play.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

First pitch, 100 mph fastball. Triple-digits, a number he’d flashed briefly in his stint at the Arizona Fall League last year. Only this was no aberration. The velocity carried throughout the outing, touching 101 mph as opponents struggled to make contact, let alone put a ball in play.
                              I'm glad to see that the Dodgers minor league system is finally able to provide a useful piece. Talk about your barren wastelands with no hope of providing help for the big club.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

He's easily their best pitching prospect but seems like a couple others are ahead of him in the short term.

Comment

Working...
                                X