No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Farhan Zaidi seems prepared to leave to become the Giants President of Baseball Operations

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      GM Farhan Zaidi seems prepared to leave to become the Giants President of Baseball Operations
      deal is done! I've also informed Larry Baer that he should interview Mike Fast in my "Ask the Season Ticket Holders Q+A"
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Hyun-Jin Ryu becomes the only player to accept the QO.

So with him back in the fold, the rotation already seems loaded for 2019:

1 - Kershaw
        2 - Buehler
        3 - Ryu
        4 - Wood
        5 - Hill

Swingmen - Stripling, Maeda, Urias

I had figured making Stripling a core rotation member would be a priority, but unless they make a few deals, it doesn't appear that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Hyun-Jin Ryu becomes the only player to accept the QO.

So with him back in the fold, the rotation already seems loaded for 2019:

1 - Kershaw
          2 - Buehler
          3 - Ryu
          4 - Wood
          5 - Hill

Swingmen - Stripling, Maeda, Urias

I had figured making Stripling a core rotation member would be a priority, but unless they make a few deals, it doesn't appear that way.
          I wouldn't be too sure about Wood being in the rotation, or even on the team. They really seemed to sour on him in the 2nd half last season.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Rotation is deep but lots of injury risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I wouldn't be too sure about Wood being in the rotation, or even on the team. They really seemed to sour on him in the 2nd half last season.
              Agreed. I think Urias will get a shot to take his place.

Comment

• Kenley Jansen will undergo heart surgery on November 26. He is expected to be ready to pitch by spring training.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Holy crap... Cody Bellinger!

But what I really want to talk about is Max Muncy. He didn't even get the start against a righty yesterday, but then he came into the game in the 4th inning as a PH and stuck around. But he started on Saturday and even played second base (and then moved to first halfway through the game).

Through 10 Dodger games, he's appeared in 9 of them and has 36 PAs (which isn't bad at all), but part of that is because the Dodgers are murdering everyone and getting tons of PAs on offense. Both Turner and Bellinger have 47 PAs already.

Is Muncy going to be frustrating all year? There's a ton of lefties in the NL West and if he's going to sit against most of them, it's going to get old quick. I know the Dodgers are super deep, and right now all their hitters are healthy. Maybe when their options are reduced a bit, he'll be more interesting.

I've got him in a Yahoo league so I obviously want to hang onto him for his 2B eligibility, but I'm wondering if I should be trying to sell "high" ... or maybe not high? I dunno.

Comment

• AJ Pollock will undergo surgery to remove the metal cage in his elbow. No word on a timeline for a return, although Dave Roberts ominously said "he should return this season."

Alex verdugo seemingly gets a huge boost.

Comment

• Urias got arrested for shoving a woman to the ground.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodger...ge/2019/05/14/

Comment

• Rich Hill back to the IL.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Rich Hill back to the IL.
                          And he just said he "hopes to return this year." That’s never good.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Rich Hill back to the IL.
                            I bet that is why I got him for 8 bucks in this year's NL only auction.

Comment

• went for 11 in ours. I had him for a buck for several years as a Cubs starter. that was what, the 1980s?
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I drafted him for $7. Reports saying August is the earliest he comes back but that may be very optimistic. We may have seen the last of Hill. I have Urias which I'm sure could get some starts but this puts a damper on my team attempting to repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X