No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of pitching Buehler pitched a complete game. 3 hitter no walks and 16 K.

Comment

• Cody Bellinger has 44 home runs off of 44 different pitchers this year. The only player in history to go an entire season hitting at least 40 homers off all different pitchers was Albert Pujols, with 40 in 2015.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Cody Bellinger has 44 home runs off of 44 different pitchers this year. The only player in history to go an entire season hitting at least 40 homers off all different pitchers was Albert Pujols, with 40 in 2015.
        I heard that stat quoted last night too. For context, what is the typical distribution?

Comment

• The Dodgers broke the National League team record for home runs on Wednesday with HR# 250. Joc Pederson hit the record breaker in the 4th inning.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Despite the Dodgers regular season record of 393-256 (.606 win pct.) and 4 straight division titles during his 4 years at the helm, Dave Roberts days as their manager could be numbered.

2019 - lost NLDS to Wild Card winning Nationals
            2018 - lost WS to Red Sox
            2017 - lost WS to Astros
            2016 - lost NLCS to Cubs

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw 2019:
              Overall: 3.03 era, 1.043 whip, 0.664 ops, 28 hr
              1st inning: 5.79 era, 1.464 whip, 0.967 ops, 10 hr
              i.e. not a good idea to use him for one inning in a close game

*Note - his career #s are good for the first inning. So maybe they just assumed he hasn't changed and neither has the baseball.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• David Freese announced his retirement on Saturday.

The 36 year old Freese set career highs with a .315/.403/.599 slash line in 186 plate appearances this year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  David Freese announced his retirement on Saturday. The 36 year old Freese set career highs with a .315/.403/.599 slash line in 186 plate appearances this year.
                  Texas Ranger fans still curse him.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Rich Hill was arrested Saturday for his part in an alleged incident outside of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

Hill's wife, Caitlin A. Hill, was arrested after she repeatedly tried to enter the stadium with an oversized bag and refused to leave the premises after being told by Foxboro police. Rich Hill then intervened as police were putting her into a prisoner transport vehicle. The Hills were arraigned on Monday, but the charges were flipped from criminal to civil infractions, resulting in some small fines. Hill, who turns 40 in March, is currently a free agent. He's expected to miss the start of the 2020 season after undergoing "primary and revision surgery" on his left elbow in October.
                    (Source: Boston Globe)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• So with the Alex Wood signing, there's quite the logjam for spots in the rotation:

SP1 - Kershaw
                      SP2 - Buehler

....are set in stone.

SP3 - Maeda - the Dodgers don't seem to trust him with more than 150 innings. He had 153 IP last season with 26 starts, but for the second straight year he moved to the pen in September.

Contenders for the last two spots
                      Alex Wood - he made only 7 starts all last season due to a back injury. A huge question mark on a cheapo contract.
                      Julio Urias - seems poised to land a starting role, but with the Dodgers, you never know. Started only 8 games last season.
                      Dustin May - the top prospect doesn't seem to have much else to prove in the minors, but he's only 22 and could see time there again due to the logjam. Or, they can use him out of the pen again.
                      Tony Gonsolin - excelled in his time in the majors, but seems like the Dodgers will use him as a long-man/spot starter.
                      Ross Stripling - Another solid arm who drives fantasy leaguers crazy, just cannot nail down a role and seems prime for another year as a long man/spot starter, with a likely target of 100-110 IP
                      Jimmy Nelson - who knows?

That's 6 pitchers for 2 spots. The likely scenario is they all get a few starts here or there, with none of them becoming a full-fledged starter.

Comment

• I think Maeda is on the set in stone side of things.

Based on this from a week or so ago from rotoworld: Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman reiterated Wednesday that he expects Julio Urias to be in the team's rotation in 2020. Makes Urias stone ish.

Wood and Stripling fighting for the 5th spot. Loser to the pen.

May and Gonsolin Bullpen.

Jimmy Nelson will be going to the IL like he does every year.

It wouldn't be shocking to see May traded as part of a deal to get more offense assets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I think Maeda is on the set in stone side of things.
                          2018 - 20 starts, 19 bullpen appearances, 125 IP
                          2019 - 26 starts, 11 bullpen appearances, 153 IP

Any way you slice and dice it, he should fall around the 150 IP mark. But I don't think he's "set in stone" as a season-long starter.

Comment

• This is Paul Sporer's Ross Stripling comment in the article about where he is sharply different from ADP.
                            Stripling opened 2019 in the Dodgers rotation but was promptly removed in late-April and made just nine more starts the rest of the way. I understand those who are nervous about his outlook, but I’m thinking he should at least open the season in the rotation again with Hyun-Jin Ryu out and no one added to their pool of starters except Jimmy Nelson, who is more likely to be eased into starting.

Obviously, Walker Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, and Kenta Maeda (at least until August when they will start manipulating his IP) have spots and then Stripling, Nelson, Julio Urias, Dustin May, Tony Gonsolin are fighting for the remaining two spots. I lean toward Stripling and Urias getting the spots, at least initially. Stripling has quietly been very good the last two seasons. Of the 128 pitchers with at least 200 innings since 2018, he’s 17th in ERA (3.22), 29th in WHIP (1.17), and tied for the 9th-highest K% at 26%.
                            https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/assess...with-adp-pt-1/

Obviously, Wood is not in the calculus, but similar thinking.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              2018 - 20 starts, 19 bullpen appearances, 125 IP
                              2019 - 26 starts, 11 bullpen appearances, 153 IP

Any way you slice and dice it, he should fall around the 150 IP mark. But I don't think he's "set in stone" as a season-long starter.
                              I can't argue that. I was saying set in stone to start the season.

Funny thing. Our only leagues have a winter roster cut down to 19 players. We then have a winter waiver draft where the players picked up have a salary of 10 or their current one which ever is higher. Maeda at $15 was dropped. That means he can be picked up for $15 for this next year.

If I remember correctly Fan Graphs has him at $12 for a 12 team no inflation 5x5.

With inflation he is close to value.

Comment

• So does Lux start at 2B? I have a chance to get him in a mixed league, but I’m in win now mode.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X