Baseball Reference page
    mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page
    fangraphs - team page
    fangraphs - park factors

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Greinke had a .409 OBP last year, pretty impressive for a guy who pitched in the AL for 7 years. Speaking of, wouldn't it be great if they signed Pierzynski to be Greinke's catcher? They'd set the record for mound charges.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Uribe wants a three-year contract. While I doubt that anyone will give it to him, the proposal itself may have the Dodgers thinking, "Naaaaahhhh..."

While I've always been a Uribe fan, the very idea that he had a higher WAR than Holliday, Freeman, or Posey is a comment on the value of WAR or lack thereof.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Who do you think would be next men up in the case of injuries to the starting rotation...Billingsley? Magee? Withrow? Zach Lee?

Comment

Yes, meant Magill, sorry about that!

As a Withrow owner, I was hoping you'd say that they'd give Withrow a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Since I was just looking, check out this list of names who are coming off of the Dodger payroll this year (yes, they were getting paid by LA in 2013):

Hiroki Kuroda
            Todd Coffey (wtf?)
            Manny Ramirez
            Matt Treanor
            Juan Rivera
            Mike MacDougal

Andruw Jones got $3.375M last year and will again this year, his last year getting paid by LA for being a fat sack of shit.

After looking at this list and re-reading about the three year deals he gave to Brandon League (who still has two more years to go.....sigh) and Matt Guerrier I'd just like to add that Ned Colletti is just an awful GM. How does that chump still have a job in baseball, much less as a GM?
            There must be a bottom to everything. Not everyone can be above average. Someone has to be at the bottom of the list. As for what keeps him in his GM job, my theory is that the Dodgers have Yankee-like room for error under this ownership and will tolerate his mistakes so long as the team is winning. If they get near the top of the heap but can't get to THE top, he could be in danger in a year or two, and if they fall back to the pack, he's gone.

Some great names on that list, eld. Todd Coffey, wow, hadn't thought of him in ages, a name from the Cincinnati past.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

$10M for a setup guy ... wow ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                $10M for a setup guy ... wow ...
                Plus a $9M player option. He apparently had the greatest 13.2 IP in history last year.

Comment

From Rotoworld--

"A contract extension for Hanley Ramirez could be imminent after he posted a picture of himself on Instagram with the caption ""To Los Angeles…. Good news!!!!" on Friday.
                  The two sides have been in the process of negotiating a long-term extension, and the belief is that the only reason Ramirez would be flying to Los Angeles would be to sign on the dotted line. The deal is rumored to be in the range of six years and more than $100 million."

Hanley turns 30 this month. Whether that six years includes 2014 (when his current deal is scheduled to expire) or not may be important.

-- William James

Comment

Also fro Rotoworld--

"The agent for Hanley Ramirez clarified Saturday that the photo Ramirez put on Instagram on Friday was a joke, and that an extension with the Dodgers isn't imminent.
                    Ramirez had posted a photo of him on an airplane, with the caption that he was headed to Los Angeles with good news. It was all a ruse however, and Ramirez was actually heading for the Dominican Republic. The two sides are still working on a deal, which should get done at some point this offseason, though it is not imminent at this time. "

I don't think that's called a joke; it's more "being a d**k."

More interesting is this one from Rotoworld--

"Dave Stewart, the agent for Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, believes there's a strong chance his client will be traded during next week's winter meetings.
                    Stewart said that the rumors surrounding his client are stronger than ever, and that it's the first time he actually believes something could happen. The Red Sox and Mariners are two teams known to have interest in the 29-year-old, who still has six years and $128 million remaining on his current contract."

I don't think this one will sort itself out until after Choo and Cruz sign somewhere, but maybe one of those teams is looking to do the trade as a way of driving the free agents' prices down. I haven't seen anything about Kemp having an NTC; does anyone know for sure whether he has one?

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I hope the rumors about Kemp are just smoke.
                      I suspect there's some fire there, Dave Stewart is pretty much a no-BS guy.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Orioles GM Dan Duquette said they are "in" on Andre Ethier. That's music to the Dodgers' ears.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Orioles GM Dan Duquette said they are "in" on Andre Ethier. That's music to the Dodgers' ears.
                          Boy, ain't that the truth...depending on what they give up, it'll actually be a good deal for both teams if it happens. The O's really need another outfielder, and a good one. Ethier, while not great, certainly qualifies as good. This would also put the silly Kemp rumors to bed...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Boy, ain't that the truth...depending on what they give up, it'll actually be a good deal for both teams if it happens. The O's really need another outfielder, and a good one. Ethier, while not great, certainly qualifies as good. This would also put the silly Kemp rumors to bed...
                            What do you think the Dodgers want in return that the Orioles have to offer? Will they have to go the three- or four-team trade route?

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              What do you think the Dodgers want in return that the Orioles have to offer? Will they have to go the three- or four-team trade route?
                              Honestly, I don't think that the O's will have to give much in return as long as they assume the majority of his salary...say 51%. I'd be surprised if the Dodgers get more than a couple of middling prospects for him
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X