No announcement yet.

2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a bunch of blog posts on Fangraphs talking about the Rockies' search for a catcher. Are they moving Rosario to first or are they looking for a backup?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      I've seen a bunch of blog posts on Fangraphs talking about the Rockies' search for a catcher. Are they moving Rosario to first or are they looking for a backup?
      I thought I've read that they are looking to move him to OF actually since his D behind the plate was so bad. I can't find the article I read that but I'll try to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        I thought I've read that they are looking to move him to OF actually since his D behind the plate was so bad. I can't find the article I read that but I'll try to find it.
        Dan O’Dowd and I had lunch at Zi South by the ballpark today. We had the place almost to ourselves, which gave us a chance to talk a lot of baseball. Perhaps the biggest news out of our conve…
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Interesting - I've got Fowler for 20, Rosario for 5, and Hawkins for 10. Keep the info coming!

"Given Hawkins' record as a closer, which is far worse than as a setup guy, the Rockies would be best served by having Hawkins pitch the 8th and Brothers the 9th. Old baseball prejudices die hard, though."

Indeed. It would make more sense for Brothers to pitch to the toughest batters in either inning, particularly if there is a big lefty bat in the inning. A worse idea would be letting Hawkins pitch to tough LHBs in the 8th while waiting for a SV opp for Brothers that might never come.

Hawkins had some hiccups at times in the 9th, but he's hit age 40, had no issues there in Sept, and more important is having Brothers in the key spots - especially vs LHPs. Old baseball prejudices die hard, though.
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-28-2013, 09:40 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

"Q: Would you agree with my characterization that your team is, overall, certain exceptions notwithstanding, soft? Mentally soft?

A: I would agree with you that our team could be a lot tougher."

Boy, it's easy to sit up in the suites and say that. I'd respect that kind of statement if it came from the manager or one of the senior players, but for the GM to say something like that is counterproductive at best.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

How secure is Josh Rutledge's job? Just 24 years old, Rutledge's career stats aren't impressive for real baseball, but are potentially quite useful for fantasy.

.630 OPS in 2013 after .775 OPS in 2012. Strange.

2012-2013 totals: 161 GP, 605 PA, 15 HR, 19 SB.

Comment

Oh, I have him, too, for 10

didn't realize those combo stats - pretty intriguing
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  How secure is Josh Rutledge's job? Just 24 years old, Rutledge's career stats aren't impressive for real baseball, but are potentially quite useful for fantasy.

.630 OPS in 2013 after .775 OPS in 2012. Strange.

2012-2013 totals: 161 GP, 605 PA, 15 HR, 19 SB.
                  Does he have a job? DJ LeMahieu was pretty much the starter from May onwards and he hit .280. Of course, he did have a 75 OPS+, so it's not like that's set in stone, but I would imagine LeMahieu enters camp as the starter on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Does he have a job? DJ LeMahieu was pretty much the starter from May onwards and he hit .280. Of course, he did have a 75 OPS+, so it's not like that's set in stone, but I would imagine LeMahieu enters camp as the starter on paper.
                    That's how I see it, as well. LeMahieu starts, and Rutledge is the infield utility guy and the starting SS when Tulo sustains his inevitable injuries.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Corey Dickerson and Kyle Parker too stocky/slow to play CF, correct?

Comment

Never mind - CarGo to play CF

Comment

Never mind - CarGo to play CF
                          Ummm... downgrade Rockies pitchers even more? And CarGo too since he'll probably get hurt?

Comment

Doesn't seem terribly wise to me either. If I do daily fantasy baseball in April, I'm sure going all-in with hitters visiting Coors.

Comment

Doesn't seem terribly wise to me either. If I do daily fantasy baseball in April, I'm sure going all-in with hitters visiting Coors.
                              Wouldn't we be "going all-in with hitters visiting Coors" regardless?

-- William James

Comment

Josh Rutledge was a darling this time last year, then he soiled the sheets. Still, these are his actual ML numbers.

605 PA, .254/.300/.402, 15 HR, 19 SB

If he gets the job--not a given--those are solid MI numbers and he's only 25. Yet his ADP is above 300. Even Y! rates him #284.
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X