2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I am being offered Wade Miley as the player to be cut later.

Does he have any value in mixed leagues smaller than 20? His option for 2015 is worth pick #350, give or take.
    I'm liking him as a possible keeper at $11 in NL-only. 27 years of age, Miley is tied for 15th in the major leagues in strikeouts this year and 21st in K/9 among those who qualify in espn's sortable stats listing. And his K/9 has gotten better as the season has progressed. Where would he be drafted in mixed? Not sure, but I'd think he'd go much higher than pick #350. Figure roughly 75 of those 350 would be SP...I'd think Miley would be more like a top 50 SP.

Comment

aaaaaaaand Towers is FINALLY GONE!!!! What's that...three years too late?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        aaaaaaaand Towers is FINALLY GONE!!!! What's that...three years too late?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...ired/15116879/
        It's amazing how many trades he got housed in.

And now how long until La Russa finally gets his revenge on Kirk Gibson?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          It's amazing how many trades he got housed in.

And now how long until La Russa finally gets his revenge on Kirk Gibson?
          That would be 21 days....bye bye Gibson. Rejoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            That would be 21 days....bye bye Gibson. Rejoice.
            *finally*!
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Gosh, so they finally figured out that you can't build a baseball team as if they were a football team?
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Any insight would be helpful from those who follow the NL West that is past my bedtime...

1) David Peralta - how likely is it that he starts over Cody Ross? Do they platoon?
                1a) I assume Pollock is safe as every day starter in CF?

2) 3B - Jake Lamb or Cuban signee Yasmany Tomas? Each are 24 years old.
                2a) Is Brandon Drury (good slugging % last year in minors) completely blocked for 2016 or can one of these guys or Drury move to outfield?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  Any insight would be helpful from those who follow the NL West that is past my bedtime...

1) David Peralta - how likely is it that he starts over Cody Ross? Do they platoon?
                  1a) I assume Pollock is safe as every day starter in CF?

2) 3B - Jake Lamb or Cuban signee Yasmany Tomas? Each are 24 years old.
                  2a) Is Brandon Drury (good slugging % last year in minors) completely blocked for 2016 or can one of these guys or Drury move to outfield?
                  I think the Tomas to 3B experiment is extremely unlikely to succeed. So you'll probably see Pollock CF/Trumbo RF/Tomas LF with Peralta as a 4th OF. I know they are shopping Trumbo. They also have Inciarte and Ross which is too many outfielders.

They have Hill for 2B or maybe 3B. They have Owings presumably at SS. They have Nick Ahmed and Cliff Pennington who could start at whichever position is open, though I would guess right now the favorite is Lamb at 3B and Hill at 2B. Hill is also signed for 2016 so who knows when they get Drury in the mix?

Comment

Any thoughts on Chase Anderson. Seems a bit old for a prospect but that k rate is impressive

Comment

should be undervalued. main caveat is this could be an awful team and if he struggles he may keep getting starts anyway.
                      so riskiest league is a deep NL-only one where the number of allowed cuts is nil or limited (mine is the latter, but I'd still buy for a buck) and cutting him means you are eyeing a pitiful list of alternatives.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

So it turns out that not only is Dave Stewart an arrogant asshole, but he's also a total idiot as well. My blessings to Dback fans for the next 3-5 years as it's going to be an incredibly bumpy/awful ride. Most 10-year-olds who have read Moneyball or are Fangraphs readers probably know more about value and how to build a team than Stewart. He's Bavasi-level bad. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                          So it turns out that not only is Dave Stewart an arrogant asshole, but he's also a total idiot as well. My blessings to Dback fans for the next 3-5 years as it's going to be an incredibly bumpy/awful ride. Most 10-year-olds who have read Moneyball or are Fangraphs readers probably know more about value and how to build a team than Stewart. He's Bavasi-level bad. Yikes!
                          Generally speaking I agree with you, but what did he do this time?

Comment

can he be worse than towers? maybe...

maybe la russa can bring sanity to the situation.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Generally speaking I agree with you, but what did he do this time?
                              There is a common assumption that Stewart is the GM behind http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-mike-trout/
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                There is a common assumption that Stewart is the GM behind http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-mike-trout/
                                That was the final straw that broke my camel's back. There's no doubt in my mind that it's Stewart who said this. He's become increasingly comfortable in putting his "old school" opinions out there for consumption, plus he's got the whole agent arrogance thing that's carried over to his new position. Couple that with LaRussa being a personnel idiot himself, and you have a combination rife for catastrophe on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X