Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K20 - Arizona Diamondbacks

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Per the WAR totals, this team had good hitters (25.5) and bad pitchers (4.7) in 2013. Per MLB Depth charts, the starting pitching is the same except for Ian Kennedy. Looking at cot's they don't have the money to sign someone unless they expand payroll or trade somebody. The starting pitching is very young (average age about 26), so they may just be banking on improvement with age and experience.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

The three veteran closers from 2013 (Putz, Bell, Ziegler) are all listed as FA in 2014. They've said before that they prefer Ziegler in the set-up (because he gets ground balls). They obviously want a young guy to take over, but my bet for opening day would be Putz. Putz may not be able to handle the innings for a setup guy, and if he pitches well (as he did in 2013, but only for 34 innings) he's good to trade.

Discussions about which players the D-Backs should/could trade (Owings/Gregorius and Pollock/Eaton), presumably for starting pitching

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/ni...t-other-stuff/

Journeyman
    I guess this is why the Dbacks have been talking about trading a SS for a catching prospect... Stryker Trahan is moving from C to LF.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diam...portunity.html
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Who has an extra catcher lying around these days? The Rays did, but moved him for Karns.

Journeyman
    McCann just got five years from the Yankees and they could use a middle infielder; maybe they'd trade Gary Sanchez?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Who has an extra catcher lying around these days? The Rays did, but moved him for Karns.
    Maybe the Padres (Grandal and prospect Hedges)

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Pauly's Avatar
    So Gibson decides to move crappy Cahill out of the rotation and replace him with...some dude named Bolsinger? Does he know about this Archie Bradley fella? Maybe someone should text him about that. Why are so many managers so stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    So Gibson decides to move crappy Cahill out of the rotation and replace him with...some dude named Bolsinger? Does he know about this Archie Bradley fella? Maybe someone should text him about that. Why are so many managers so stupid?
    It may not be Gibby's choice as to who to bring up. Management may not want to start Bradley's Super Two clock. Or management may be stupid. Your choice.

I fully understand getting Cahill out of the rotation until he gets his act together. I know nothing about Bolsinger except that he's not even in Arizona's top 30 minor league guys.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James