2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Mike Leake is the first MLB player to opt out of playing this season.
    Ryan Zimmerman and Joe Ross too. Ross surprises me given his age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Ryan Zimmerman and Joe Ross too. Ross surprises me given his age.
      Ian Desmond opts out. Not surprising, considering that his wife is pregnant with their fifth (!) child.

I'm much more "you signed the contract, honor the contract" than most people, but I don't blame any player who opts out this "season".
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        Ian Desmond opts out. Not surprising, considering that his wife is pregnant with their fifth (!) child.

I'm much more "you signed the contract, honor the contract" than most people, but I don't blame any player who opts out this "season".
        Pretty sure the contract stipulates how much you get paid if you play. And not that you are required to play. But I could be wrong.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Pretty sure the contract stipulates how much you get paid if you play. And not that you are required to play. But I could be wrong.
          I think you're right. What I was saying is that money aside, I don't blame any player who opts out.

My gripe, under normal circumstances, is with players who are playing and are under contract demanding that their contract be renegotiated. Obviously, these are not normal circumstances.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• c'mon we all dig this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iv2VEzSkZc

Comment

• Diamondbacks place 2B/OF Ketel Marte on the 10-day IL with left wrist inflammation.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Diamondbacks option RP Kevin Ginkel to their alternate training site.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kole Calhoun underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a medial meniscus tear in his right knee.
                  There's no official timetable yet for his recovery, but these types of procedures usually require 4-6 weeks of rest and rehab. Calhoun experienced right knee discomfort at various points during his offseason training program and was sent for an MRI on Tuesday, which revealed the meniscus tear. He could potentially be ready for live action around mid-to-late April, assuming no setbacks. This injury, and the COVID-19 diagnosis for Tim Locastro, may increase the odds that Daulton Varsho makes the Opening Day roster in Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Kole Calhoun underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a medial meniscus tear in his right knee. There's no official timetable yet for his recovery, but these types of procedures usually require 4-6 weeks of rest and rehab. Calhoun experienced right knee discomfort at various points during his offseason training program and was sent for an MRI on Tuesday, which revealed the meniscus tear. He could potentially be ready for live action around mid-to-late April, assuming no setbacks. This injury, and the COVID-19 diagnosis for Tim Locastro, may increase the odds that Daulton Varsho makes the Opening Day roster in Arizona.
                    Pavin Smith too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      Pavin Smith too.
                      You might say Calhoun's injury is pavin the way for him

Comment

• Ruh Roah

Zac Gallen was scratched from his scheduled start Monday against Oakland with right lateral forearm soreness, Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic reports.

ANALYSIS
                        Forearm issues are among the more worrisome problems for a pitcher, as they can sometimes be the first sign of a serious injury which requires major surgery. Whether or not that's the case with this particular problem remains to be seen, but even a very minor setback at this stage of spring would likely see Gallen open the year on the injured list. Per Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Gallen felt the issue while swinging a bat rather than throwing, which is potentially cause for optimism, but there's a limit to how optimistic one should be when it comes to pitchers and arm troubles.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Ruh Roah

Zac Gallen was scratched from his scheduled start Monday against Oakland with right lateral forearm soreness, Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic reports.

ANALYSIS
                          Forearm issues are among the more worrisome problems for a pitcher, as they can sometimes be the first sign of a serious injury which requires major surgery. Whether or not that's the case with this particular problem remains to be seen, but even a very minor setback at this stage of spring would likely see Gallen open the year on the injured list. Per Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Gallen felt the issue while swinging a bat rather than throwing, which is potentially cause for optimism, but there's a limit to how optimistic one should be when it comes to pitchers and arm troubles.
                          I just acquired and extended him, so I'm trying to be objective in assessing this, but I cannot. I want to believe that since he seems to have gotten the forearm strain while swinging a bat, that it won't lead to TJ. But the forearm is the forearm and it all connects to the same ligament, soo I'm worried. Such a shame, as he is a real up-an-comer in the game.

Comment

I just acquired and extended him, so I'm trying to be objective in assessing this, but I cannot. I want to believe that since he seems to have gotten the forearm strain while swinging a bat, that it won't lead to TJ. But the forearm is the forearm and it all connects to the same ligament, soo I'm worried. Such a shame, as he is a real up-an-comer in the game.
                            Yeah... I has a scared

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Yeah... I has a scared
                              I read some physical therapist dude (Nic Civale) say lateral tightness is the opposite side of UCL issues. Who knows what is what at this point, but I wanna be optimistic about this and trust the random Twitter diagnosis. Even best case, I am assume he will be held out the first few weeks.

Comment

I just acquired and extended him,
                                AHA!!! Gallen's injury is your fault! Pitchforks, tar, feathers...or worse yet, Rockies pitchers!
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X