No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to MLB Trade Rumors, the D'Backs are closing in on a deal for Starling Marte.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      According to MLB Trade Rumors, the D'Backs are closing in on a deal for Starling Marte.
      Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that it's a done deal. No word yet on a potential return.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Do the Diamondbacks even have any good prospects to give to the Pirates? It's the first big deal for new Pirates GM Ben Cherington. This better be good.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Liover Peguero & Brennan Malone...?

Comment

Liover Peguero & Brennan Malone...?
            I hope they don't call him Mayday Malone.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Liover Peguero & Brennan Malone...?
              The tale of two teenagers:

Malone, a RHP was the #33 overall pick last year and has 8 professional innings under his belt.

Peguero, a SS has played 101 minor league games. Decent contact hitter with decent speed so far. No power. Defense looks bad with 30 errors in those 101 games.

But, hey the Pirates got international spending money. Woohoo!

Color me not impressed.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There goes any chance of Lamb as an every day player this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  The tale of two teenagers:

Malone, a RHP was the #33 overall pick last year and has 8 professional innings under his belt.

Peguero, a SS has played 101 minor league games. Decent contact hitter with decent speed so far. No power. Defense looks bad with 30 errors in those 101 games.

But, hey the Pirates got international spending money. Woohoo!

Color me not impressed.
                  Actually, both are pretty well regarded in prospect circles. Peguero was Arizona's #7 prospect and actually hit .364 in the DSL...he's grown 4 inches and put on 30 pounds since he was signed. Also stole 11-13 bases.

Malone is essentially a HS kid who'd just growing into his body...BA says he can become a power starter.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Actually, both are pretty well regarded in prospect circles. Peguero was Arizona's #7 prospect and actually hit .364 in the DSL...he's grown 4 inches and put on 30 pounds since he was signed. Also stole 11-13 bases.

Malone is essentially a HS kid who'd just growing into his body...BA says he can become a power starter.
                    Ok, i was thinking that Peguero was just a throw in. Maybe there is hope for this deal after all. I wanted to see the Pirates get at least two good prospects for Marte. And at first glance it looked like they just got one. They both still have a lot of development time ahead of them. So, that makes the picture a little fuzzy right now. And player development has not been a strength for the Pirates in recent years. Hopefully that is changing with the new front office.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gotta agree with madducks here - I'm stunned the Pirates couldn't get one much closer-to-ready prospect in a deal for a talent like Starling Marte. Both these guys are far away and while Horns is right about being decently regarded, very much far from certain.

Kudos to the DBacks - this looks like an almost no-lose deal for them. If they tank for some reason this year, I have to believe they can get as much or more for him in a trade deadline deal. If not, he could be a key piece in a playoff run.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ok, i was thinking that Peguero was just a throw in. Maybe there is hope for this deal after all. I wanted to see the Pirates get at least two good prospects for Marte. And at first glance it looked like they just got one. They both still have a lot of development time ahead of them. So, that makes the picture a little fuzzy right now. And player development has not been a strength for the Pirates in recent years. Hopefully that is changing with the new front office.
                        FWIW, FanGraphs has Peguero as #5 for the D-Backs and Malone as #10. He might have been the main piece. Both very young, both with huge upside and downside. I am sure the Pirates could have gotten someone closer to the bigs, but not someone with big upside close to the bigs. They went with the lottery tickets instead of a boring, safe commodity. Given how bare the Pirates' system is, that makes some sense.

Comment

• Starling Marte has announced that his wife died unexpectedly on Monday.

Via Marte's personal Instagram page: "Today I go through the great pain of making public the unfortunate death of my wife Noelia, due to a heart attack. It is a moment of indescribable pain. On behalf of my family, I am grateful for the expressions of esteem and solidarity in this difficult time." Jon Heyman of MLB Network writes that Noelia "broke her ankle and was in the hospital and said to be awaiting surgery when she passed." The couple had three children together. Absolutely tragic news.
                          Source: Starling Marte on Instagram

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Starling Marte has announced that his wife died unexpectedly on Monday.

Via Marte's personal Instagram page: "Today I go through the great pain of making public the unfortunate death of my wife Noelia, due to a heart attack. It is a moment of indescribable pain. On behalf of my family, I am grateful for the expressions of esteem and solidarity in this difficult time." Jon Heyman of MLB Network writes that Noelia "broke her ankle and was in the hospital and said to be awaiting surgery when she passed." The couple had three children together. Absolutely tragic news.
                            Source: Starling Marte on Instagram
                            So very sad. I can’t imagine having your wife go to the hospital for ankle surgery and wind up having a heart attack while waiting. I pray for comfort and healing for Starling, their children, and their entire families.
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                              So very sad. I can’t imagine having your wife go to the hospital for ankle surgery and wind up having a heart attack while waiting. I pray for comfort and healing for Starling, their children, and their entire families.
                              Yes, it has to be really hard to have that fully sink in. Not only losing your love and partner so unexpectedly, but then the double pain of knowing the lose your kids are dealing with, and the fear of the challenges you will face without their mother around to help raise them.

Comment

• Mike Leake is the first MLB player to opt out of playing this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X