No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• didn't you get the memo? that wasn't fun. at all. so sayeth the grumps.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      didn't you get the memo? that wasn't fun. at all. so sayeth the grumps.
      why so negatory? I don't pay the grumps no heed!
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        gotta love Zack Greinke single-handedly demonstrating why the DH shouldn't be implemented in the NL.
        Speaking of Greinke, I watched that game and he topped out at 87-88 all night. Amazing that these guys couldn't touch him at that speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Speaking of Greinke, I watched that game and he topped out at 87-88 all night. Amazing that these guys couldn't touch him at that speed.
          What do you mean by "couldn't touch him"? He gave up 3 runs, including 2 HR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            What do you mean by "couldn't touch him"? He gave up 3 runs, including 2 HR.
            And he also struck out 10 in 6 IP with 87-89 mph velocity. He's relying on pinpoint control and movement. I wouldn't bet on an entire season of that.

For most of his career, his fastball sat at 92.5. Now he's barely cracking 89. That's worrisome.

Comment

And he also struck out 10 in 6 IP with 87-89 mph velocity. He's relying on pinpoint control and movement. I wouldn't bet on an entire season of that.

For most of his career, his fastball sat at 92.5. Now he's barely cracking 89. That's worrisome.
              I watched a bunch of that game and while my memory is not the greatest, I seem to recall him hovering at 90-91 the whole time with the fastball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I watched a bunch of that game and while my memory is not the greatest, I seem to recall him hovering at 90-91 the whole time with the fastball.
                This is the pitch chart. I guess I caught the 5th/6th innings when he was at his lowest:

Attached Files

Comment

• Jake Lamb out 6 weeks with a strained quad, so this just opened the door for Christian Walker.

Comment

Jake Lamb out 6 weeks with a strained quad, so this just opened the door for Christian Walker.
                    There's a whiff of Jesus Aguilar here. He's got some decent hitters in front of him, even if the back of the lineup isn't great.

Comment

• Don't look now, but Jarrod Dyson has weaseled his way into the starting lineup in 4 of the last 5 games, as the D'Backs appear to be using Wilmer Flores less than expected. Dyson is a guy who stole 25+ bases in 6 of the last 7 seasons, so if he's now the starter (for at least the foreseeable future), he could finally be startable in many fantasy leagues.

Comment

• Luke Weaver has looked good this year.

Comment

• Yasmany Tomas with 4 home runs & 8 rbi Monday in AAA. He's currently blocked by David Peralta, Jarrod Dyson, & Adam Jones.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Yasmany Tomas with 4 home runs & 8 rbi Monday in AAA. He's currently blocked by David Peralta, Jarrod Dyson, & Adam Jones.
                            Yet making more than all three of them combined!

Comment

• Arizona calling up Kevin Cron, brother of CJ Cron and hitter of 21 minor league HRs this season, to help their waffling offense. If he hits right off the bat, this probably puts the struggling Christian Walker in jeopardy.

Comment

• Freight Train to the IL.

Comment

Working...
                                X