2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess Towers just proved us all wrong:

Bolsinger, making his first start of the season, surrendered seven runs -- six earned -- on seven hits and one walk while striking out five over four innings pitched.

free archie!

Comment

Nick Piecoro: "Mark Trumbo has a stress fracture in his left foot, MRI shows. Will go for second opinion."

Comment

Well that can't be good.

Steve Berthiaume @BertDbacks
        #Dbacks announce Reno @Aces pitcher Archie Bradley has been placed on 7-day DL with a mild flexor strain in his right elbow.

Comment

Owings has been really streaky so far. I don't remember the last guy who seemed to have so few one-hit games. He hit .290 in April and .217 in May, and looking back at May he had 13 0-hit games, 5 one-hit, a two, three threes, and a four.

So far in June he's played three games and gone 3 for 4 with a double, triple, and homer in one, 1 for 2 in one, and tonight 3 for 5 with a single, double, and homer. That said, Didi Gregorius just got called up again earlier this week and went 3 for 6 with a homer in the one game he's played in since March.

In summary, Chris Owings is a baseball player and I have no idea what to think.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Randall Delgado seems to be pitching better, finally. Over his last 5 outings, 9.1 IP, 2.89 ERA, 0.75 WHIP. The downside is two HR allowed.

What are his chances of seeing the rotation in the 2nd half? The Snakes are crying for SP. He's on WW in my 16 team keeper. If he's figured something out, he has real value.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Randall Delgado seems to be pitching better, finally. Over his last 5 outings, 9.1 IP, 2.89 ERA, 0.75 WHIP. The downside is two HR allowed.

What are his chances of seeing the rotation in the 2nd half? The Snakes are crying for SP. He's on WW in my 16 team keeper. If he's figured something out, he has real value.

J
              I'd wait for 5 more good outings, frankly. When this guy is bad, he's an ungodly horror. My ratios still have not recovered from his incendiary first half.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                I'd wait for 5 more good outings, frankly. When this guy is bad, he's an ungodly horror. My ratios still have not recovered from his incendiary first half.
                Watch list it is.

It will be a watch closely list. His swinging strike rate is impressive.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Watch Delgado.

He was terrible early until he got a prescription for glasses, which he wears. He improved immensely immediately - I had to cut him in late April because he's out of options so he got stuck as long man in the 'pen.

He slumped for a while after that, but his usage is so sporadic it's tough to make much of that. Some peripherals are nice.

Wait, you're 16-team mixed? You can afford to wait; who else would notice him even if he gets a good start or two? Don't jump in too soon and waste a spot.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Watching him pitch right now and I am wholly unimpressed. Fastball is straight as an arrow and only sitting 91-94 without great control. Seems like there's a reason his ERA is almost 6.

Comment

xERA of 3.92 for season vs ERA of 5.77
                      xERA last 31 days of 2.85 vs ERA of 3.55

still unclaimable in leagues where he can't be cut if active, and that probably stays true even if he gets a SP slot back this year.
                      deep NL-only deep bench stash - ok, maybe, especially if pickups have a low keeper cost.

it's not personal, Randall - it's business.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

With Prado trade, who wins the most playing time?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                          With Prado trade, who wins the most playing time?
                          Hopefully it's not Andy Marte!

Comment

lamb called up today. hopefully it's him.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I am being offered Wade Miley as the player to be cut later.

Does he have any value in mixed leagues smaller than 20? His option for 2015 is worth pick #350, give or take.

BTW, Randall Degado no longer has an ERA of 6. That was June. Since July 1 he has 13 appearances, 20.2 IP, 21 K, 3.05 ERA, 0.87 WHIP, 2.1 K/BB. Not Earth shaking, but I would take a season of it.

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-11-2014, 01:35 AM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Jason mentioned Randall Delgado in his latest article on Fangraphs. He had a fantastic July, 0.54 ERA, but two bad outings in August so far. I am keeping an eye open, but he looks very inconsistent.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X