No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wander Franco has two brothers... also named Wander Franco. I'm guessing that helps when you are a fugitive from the law.
    Last edited by madducks; 12-29-2023, 10:30 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wander Franco was arrested by Dominican authorities after answering his summons Monday.

I guess he didn't want to miss the New Years Eve party.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dominican newspapers Listin Diario and Diario Libre said that after Franco was questioned, he and the mother of the minor who made the allegation were detained; they were expected to be held 48 hours.

MLB insider Héctor Gómez, citing well-known Dominican lawyer Félix Portes — who specializes in criminal and constitutional law — went a step further. He wrote on X that Franco will be arraigned on Wednesday and “prosecutors are expected to ask for Wander to remain in Jail with no bail as the process continues.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There are now reports of Wander Franco making monthly payments to the 14 year old girl's mother while the relationship was going on. And also of Wander's mom making hush money payments after the girl's mom threatened to go public. This is why the girl's mother is also being detained by police.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that a judge in the Dominican Republic ruled Friday that Wander Franco will have to post bail of two million Dominican pesos (around $35K USD) and will have to present himself to the court once per month for the next six months while the legal process plays out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Does Wander Franco have ANY value in keeper/Dynasty leagues?

If so, how much?
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Does Wander Franco have ANY value in keeper/Dynasty leagues?

If so, how much?
                Not much, but if u have a large number of keepers and reserves and low cost to keep him, it might make sense
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Does Wander Franco have ANY value in keeper/Dynasty leagues?

If so, how much?
                  I would keep him in a dynasty league. I would (and am) dropping him in a keeper league.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

I would keep him in a dynasty league. I would (and am) dropping him in a keeper league.
                    Depends on the dynasty league. I'm in a few dynasty leagues - in 2 of them I'm competing this year and we have 7-10 bench spots all of which are valuable - I have ~12-15 guys to choose from this offseason before cuts (you often end up in this situation in the offseason when there is no IL defined). In that scenario there's no chance I'd keep him. In a 3rd dynasty league I'm in a full rebuild (have been for a longer than I'd like to admit in that one). I have 0% chance of placing in the money and to give you an idea of the lack of depth, Jared Walsh is my starting 1B. In THAT one dynasty league I'd keep Franco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Depends on the dynasty league. I'm in a few dynasty leagues - in 2 of them I'm competing this year and we have 7-10 bench spots all of which are valuable - I have ~12-15 guys to choose from this offseason before cuts (you often end up in this situation in the offseason when there is no IL defined). In that scenario there's no chance I'd keep him. In a 3rd dynasty league I'm in a full rebuild (have been for a longer than I'd like to admit in that one). I have 0% chance of placing in the money and to give you an idea of the lack of depth, Jared Walsh is my starting 1B. In THAT one dynasty league I'd keep Franco.
                      I agree.

Depends on league parameters and also if you have a competitive team for the next year. Very high risk play, but may make sense for a rebuilding team...or even a competitive one if there are enough slots
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Worth holding Wander if you also have Trevor Bauer and are assembling a team of archvillains!

By the way, what do people expect from Josh Lowe this year?

Comment

• Rays option Junior Caminero to Triple-A Durham.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Junior Caminero suffered a left quadriceps injury Sunday in Triple-A. No word yet on how long he will be out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Junior Caminero suffered a left quadriceps injury Sunday in Triple-A. No word yet on how long he will be out.
                              Caminero placed on the 7-day IL with a left quad strain. So, he could be back in a week or two.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X