have first pick in mid-April farm draft

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Rays SV leaders, after tonight

NAnderson 6
    DCastillo 4
    Drake 2
    9 tied with 1 (!)

"YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE and....!"
    If another guy on the roster earns a save, they'll break the all-time record with 13 different pitchers recording a save (https://stathead.com/sharing/yqQ9C) currently shared by the 59 and 61 KC Athletics & 73 Rangers

Pete Fairbanks and Aaron Loup are the only guys without a save in the pen right now, so my money is on Loup if the Rays have a 3-run lead in the 9th to play with. I don't think they care about the top playoff seed as much as winning the East, so if they can secure that tonight, then I would bet they try to get this record.

I know the Rays are pretty banged up in the OF with Kiermaier and Meadows out, but is Arozarena working his way into a more prominent role for 2021?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I know the Rays are pretty banged up in the OF with Kiermaier and Meadows out, but is Arozarena working his way into a more prominent role for 2021?
    I think they've frowned on Renfroe and wouldn't be surprised if he was on the move again. If so, Arozarena would be the beneficiary of that, and I'm guessing they'd like to see what he could do in a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I think they've frowned on Renfroe and wouldn't be surprised if he was on the move again. If so, Arozarena would be the beneficiary of that, and I'm guessing they'd like to see what he could do in a full season.
    I was happy to see both he and Margot leave.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    absolutely -- he'll be a starter for them next year with Margot the 4th OFer assuming they don't trade Kiermaier

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    Rays 2011 first-round draft pick Brandon Martin was recently sentenced to life in prison. And it turned out to be a triple homicide after the third victim died from his injuries. TMZ reports that the victims were beaten with a baseball bat. BR erroneously called them shooting deaths.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/19/ex-ta...-baseball-bat/

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Rays 2011 first-round draft pick Brandon Martin was recently sentenced to life in prison. And it turned out to be a triple homicide after the third victim died from his injuries. TMZ reports that the victims were beaten with a baseball bat. BR erroneously called them shooting deaths.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/19/ex-ta...-baseball-bat/
    Beat his own father and uncle to death with a bat. Unbelievable to think about the amount of psychopathic rage required to carry out 3 murders with a damn bat. Very disturbing.

Rays DFA Hunter Renfroe