No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays manager Kevin Cash said after Friday's game that Wander Franco (hamstring) is almost certainly heading to the injured list.
    Last edited by madducks; 09-11-2021, 07:33 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nick Anderson is finally back on the active roster. Archer back to the IL

Comment

• Shane Baz - impressive debut against a formidable Toronto lineup.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Shane Baz - impressive debut against a formidable Toronto lineup.
          Eh, the Pirates are so loaded with pitching talent that they can afford to give away ace pitchers for nothing. Oh wait...they aren't...and they can't.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wander Franco's on-base streak ended last night at 43, tied w Frank Robinson for the longest such streak for a player 20 y/o or under.
            Last edited by rhd; 10-01-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Wander Franco's on-base streak ended last night at 43, tied w Frank Robinson for the longest such streak for a player under 20 y/o.
              Something wrong with that stat. Both Wander Franco and Frank Robinson debuted at 20 yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Something wrong with that stat. Both Wander Franco and Frank Robinson debuted at 20 yo.
                Sorry. Should be 20 y/o or under. Fixed in the original post.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Sorry. Should be 20 y/o or under. Fixed in the original post.
                  Or under 21.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I didnt realize it before but the Rays scored the 2nd most runs in MLB this year, only 6 behind the Astros. They also had the best team ERA and WHIP in the AL.

Comment

• Rays post seson rotation will be

McClanahan (opened in Durham)
                      Baz (opened in Mobile)
                      Rasmussen (opened in Milwaukee pen)

this hsas been a fun team to watch this year. I wasn't terribly upset last year when the club didn't win it all because Dodgers were just stupid great last year. This year, I'll be depressed if Rays dont' win it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Rays post seson rotation will be

McClanahan (opened in Durham)
                        Baz (opened in Mobile)
                        Rasmussen (opened in Milwaukee pen)

this hsas been a fun team to watch this year. I wasn't terribly upset last year when the club didn't win it all because Dodgers were just stupid great last year. This year, I'll be depressed if Rays dont' win it all.
                        I don't want to pile on here, but aren't they even better this year?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          I don't want to pile on here, but aren't they even better this year?
                          I'm counting Muncy and Kershaw out for October, so I'm not sure if they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            I'm counting Muncy and Kershaw out for October, so I'm not sure if they are.
                            Pretty adequate replacements for those two in Trea Turner and Max Scherzer, though.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Dodgers will have a somewhat tougher road in the playoffs since, if they survive the "play-in" game, they'll have the home field disadvantage thruout the NL playoffs. Tampa will have home field advantage thruout the AL playoffs.

Very unlikely that they'll meet again in the WS, but if they do, the stats suggest they're about even in hitting, the Dodgers somewhat better in pitching:

Hitting:
                              TB: 857 R, 222 HR, .242 BA, OPS+ 112
                              LAD: 830 R, 237 HR, .244 BA, OPS+ 103

Pitching:
                              TB: 3.67 ERA, 3.79 FIP, 1.168 WHIP, 1478 K
                              LAD: 3.01 ERA, 3.54 FIP, 1.097 WHIP, 1599 K

They did not play each other during the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                              X