2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    How much of a discount are you guys putting on Snell due to the elbow discomfort he's going through?
    At least a couple of rounds. But I was already down on him. I think I'd take Clevenger over him at this point.

Degrom/Cole/JV/Max/Buehler
    --
    2nd tier is now a complete disaster
    ---
    Strasburg, Bieber, L Castillo, Corbin, Clevenger
    ---
    Greinke, Kershaw, Darvish

After that I can see a bunch of risky guys and I would put Snell in that group along with Sale, Woodruff, Paddack, Nola, Thor, Berrios... Glasnow, Kluber.. Carrasco, Soroka. this tier goes down pretty far.

Comment

• I'm just going to say, even with this Snell news, given the Sale/Stanton/Judge news that also came out today, I may have considered investing some jellybeans in Tampa +550 to win the AL East.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        given the Sale/Stanton/Judge news that also came out today, .
        How cool that I drafted Sale/Stanton/Judge in the RJ Mock!
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          How much of a discount are you guys putting on Snell due to the elbow discomfort he's going through?
          In a redraft, where he was going late-2nd/early 3rd, I’m avoiding him at that cost.

Comment

• Looks like some positive news so far

Blake Snell (elbow) could return to Grapefruit League action on Monday.
            Snell threw a 20-pitch bullpen session Friday, which was the first time he's thrown off a mound since he received a cortisone injection in his left elbow last week. How he bounces back Saturday will determine whether he can pitch Monday, but Snell said he felt "great" Friday and Rays manager Kevin Cash said the lefty "looked good, really good" during his bullpen session. It would appear that Snell still has a shot to be ready for Opening Day.

Comment

• MONDAY ALERT - Charlie Morton sent to 10-day IL.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Rays place RP Nick Anderson on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 20, with right forearm inflammation.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rays place 1B Ji-Man Choi on the 10-day IL with a left hamstring strain.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rays place OF Austin Meadows on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• have to stall that service clock another 2.5 years

Comment

• Rays SV leaders, after tonight

NAnderson 6
                        DCastillo 4
                        Drake 2
                        9 tied with 1 (!)

"YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE and....!"
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Rays SV leaders, after tonight

NAnderson 6
                          DCastillo 4
                          Drake 2
                          9 tied with 1 (!)

"YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE, and YOU GET A SAVE and....!"
                          If another guy on the roster earns a save, they'll break the all-time record with 13 different pitchers recording a save (https://stathead.com/sharing/yqQ9C) currently shared by the 59 and 61 KC Athletics & 73 Rangers

Pete Fairbanks and Aaron Loup are the only guys without a save in the pen right now, so my money is on Loup if the Rays have a 3-run lead in the 9th to play with. I don't think they care about the top playoff seed as much as winning the East, so if they can secure that tonight, then I would bet they try to get this record.

Comment

• I know the Rays are pretty banged up in the OF with Kiermaier and Meadows out, but is Arozarena working his way into a more prominent role for 2021?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I know the Rays are pretty banged up in the OF with Kiermaier and Meadows out, but is Arozarena working his way into a more prominent role for 2021?
                              I think they've frowned on Renfroe and wouldn't be surprised if he was on the move again. If so, Arozarena would be the beneficiary of that, and I'm guessing they'd like to see what he could do in a full season.

Comment

Working...
                              X