Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 2K20: Tampa Bay Rays

Bump for 2020...

Anyone around who can provide wisdom on:

- Is Brandon Lowe locked in as the starter at 2B, barring ST injuries or wholesale suckitude?
    - Any ideas how 1B will shake out between Choi, Nate Lowe and Jose Martinez?
    - Is DH a platoon between Tsutsugo and Jose Martinez?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Knowing the Rays, I assume everything is a time share to some extent. In weekly leagues, I would avoid all the hitters except for Meadows. That's just how they roll. And let's not even talk about the "closer" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    And let's not even talk about the "closer" situation.
    No, let's. I have a $6 N. Anderson as my last cut, and now he feels like a must keep. I need to hear more about this, although it feels like it will all be reckless speculation until late March at the earliest.
    One league, 25 years, 7 championships. AL 4X4

Potential '20 keeps:
    Perez 10 Murphy 6 Olson 12 Cron 1 JRamirez 11 Moncada 18 LeMahieu 8 Mondesi 10 Trout 53 Soler 10 Kepler 10 Dozier 10
    German 10 Glasnow 5 Boyd 1 Carrasco 10 N. Anderson 6 LeClerc 7 Giles 8

Hall of Famer
    I'm keeping Anderson at $6 for the 10 saves and 100 K's. But trying to figure out who their closer is would be impossible because they don't use one.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    I'm keeping Anderson at $6 for the 10 saves and 100 K's. But trying to figure out who their closer is would be impossible because they don't use one.
    That's exactly how i approached keeping Josh Hader last year. And it payed off. Unfortunately i kept Corey Knebel too. Win some lose some.

Hall of Famer
    Totally different. This is the Rays. The don't hide that they don't do the closer thing. Doesn't mean Anderson won't be valuable.

Knowing the Rays, I assume everything is a time share to some extent.
    I suspect you're right, but in my weekly AL only league that uses OBP and SLG, Brandon Lowe and Choi still have some decent value if they get 450+ PA. And I've just recently been offered Choi 6B and a first round reserve pick (#8) for Justin Upton 12B, and Brandon Lowe 10B straight up for Keuchel 3B. Because of our unusual minors rules, I have a chance of landing a very good prospect who can help this year with the first round reserve pick.

Choi's the one I'm most worried about in terms of healthy missed games.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

yeah, I think this is the right approach. I have Alvarado at $1 & if he's looking good in the spring I think he might make a keeper spot, but I'm under no illusions that he'll end up with more than 10 saves (ok, 15 would be great, but not likely)

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I suspect you're right, but in my weekly AL only league that uses OBP and SLG, Brandon Lowe and Choi still have some decent value if they get 450+ PA. And I've just recently been offered Choi 6B and a first round reserve pick (#8) for Justin Upton 12B, and Brandon Lowe 10B straight up for Keuchel 3B. Because of our unusual minors rules, I have a chance of landing a very good prospect who can help this year with the first round reserve pick.

Choi's the one I'm most worried about in terms of healthy missed games.
    Yeah, I would be worried about Choi with all the corner/DH options they have. Lowe will get his 450-500 PA, if healthy, I would assume, unless he doesn't perform.