No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and they've held the A's magic number at 7 for a couple days now.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Meadows called up today

Comment

• Snell sets a club record w his 21st win today w a scoreless 6.7 IP and 11 Ks. Has to be the AL CYA winner.

Comment

• It's hard to figure out the 2019 depth chart for this team.

In a 15-team mixed with 10 keepers, I have Ji-Man Choi at $5 and minor league contracts for Brandon Lowe (129 ab, one short of league minors disqualification) and Nathaniel Lowe.

It looks like Brandon Lowe is blocked to start the season (Wendle/Duffy/Adams/Y Diaz), and McKay is due to take over 1B shortly. Any reason to be excited about any of these three (other than their 2018 #s)?
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            It's hard to figure out the 2019 depth chart for this team.

In a 15-team mixed with 10 keepers, I have Ji-Man Choi at $5 and minor league contracts for Brandon Lowe (129 ab, one short of league minors disqualification) and Nathaniel Lowe.

It looks like Brandon Lowe is blocked to start the season (Wendle/Duffy/Adams/Y Diaz), and McKay is due to take over 1B shortly. Any reason to be excited about any of these three (other than their 2018 #s)?

In my league, a player has to reach 131 to lose rookie status

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              It's hard to figure out the 2019 depth chart for this team.

For whatever it's worth, with McKay having no service time, I'd be shocked if he was up before the Super Two deadline. It's what the Rays do.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Rays traded for Yandy because they have a theory on how to fix him and get him to hit the ball in the air. Dude has crazy exit velo numbers but buries everything in the ground.

Comment

• The Rays just locked up Brandon Lowe for 6 years, $24m. He's a sneaky source of power, and now the Rays have no issues with service time or other nonsense. Is he the current favorite for the 2B job?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The Rays just locked up Brandon Lowe for 6 years, $24m. He's a sneaky source of power, and now the Rays have no issues with service time or other nonsense. Is he the current favorite for the 2B job?
                  No, I think Wendle is still favored as the starter at 2b for now, but I love Lowe's bat. I think he will play at 1b/DH/2b/OF--anywhere that gets him in the line up, as he can hit. I have him and am super happy they locked him up.

Comment

• Lowe is going to move around much like Wendle did last year. Some 1B/OF/2B time is coming for him. I don't see him with one single spot everyday, but I see him in the lineup nearly everyday. I'd alter your projections for Daniel Robertson and Matt Duffy as they're the most impacted by this.

Comment

• Blake Snell agrees to a 5 year, $50m extension

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Blake Snell agrees to a 5 year, $50m extension
                        Nice move by the Rays. Happy for Snell.

Comment

• y'all play in free agency. We'll just play in retaining dudes.

They basically gave him the Archer-structured deal and I don't think he finishes in TB either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            y'all play in free agency. We'll just play in retaining dudes.

They basically gave him the Archer-structured deal and I don't think he finishes in TB either.
                            Give the Pirates a couple years to screw up Mitch Keller and then we can swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Give the Pirates a couple years to screw up Mitch Keller and then we can swap.
                              Sad, but true.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Matt Duffy said he will be out untl mid-May, so it will continue to be the Yandy Man's job until then (presumably).

Comment

Working...
                                X