• 2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Baseball Reference page
    mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    prospects - DRaysBay (under SBNation)
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013, 02:07 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Very impressive contracts up and down the roster. They need to replace Loney at 1B, and may need to deal Price.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Gave 6.5mil to David Dejesus, then signed him to a multi-year deal at a slightly lower rate. So I guess he's going to be starting, at least against righties. He's not really a CF. Is Jennings really a CF?

Is this the year the Rays finally give up on Matt Joyce? He'll be in his 2nd year of arbitration, and he's 29. They've got DeJesus, Myers and Jennings on the outfield, Zobrist and Escobar at MI, and they need 1B/DH.

Comment

Alot depends on what happens with Price. If/when the do trade him they will fill at least one hole (1B/MI/C) if they get a MI (Profar?) then Zobrist/Joyce/DeJesus will be OF/1B/DH in some form (They want Zobrist's bat in the lineup, but I'm not sure they want glove at 2B). If they bring back a 1B, Joyce may platoon with DeJesus. I see Jennings as their everyday CF
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Jennings is solid in centerfield outside of the fact he can't throw well. DeJesus will be the LF vs RH

Comment

So the Rays have this 2B at AAA named Vince Belnome. Not sure he's considered a "prospect", but the guy sure knows how to take a walk. They got him from SD a couple of years ago, and all he does is get on-base at a .400 clip every year.

The Rays have an opening at 2B --is Belnome in the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              The Rays have an opening at 2B --is Belnome in the mix?
              Much will depend on what the do at 1B. If they get a true 1B, then Zobrist shifts back to 2B, if not I would say it could be a spring battle between him and Beckham if he plays a passable 2B. He's been a 1B/2B/3B/DH in the minors as far as I can tell.
              Last edited by Grinch; 11-29-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

No, Belnome is back of the roster material. His overall grade would be a 45/80.

Comment

Sam Fuld non-tendered

Comment

I have Rajai Davis targeted for the Rays. They needed a RH bat more than a LH one. Love Fuld, but needs are needs

Comment

Rays are apparently getting Ryan Hanigan to pair with the ageless framer Jose Molina

Comment

Whatever the deal is, Hanigan is getting 3 years, 11 mil from the Rays. Seems like a smart deal for them.

Comment

and Heath Bell is likely going to be their new closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            and Heath Bell is likely going to be their new closer.
                            DAMMMMMMMM

says the owner of McGee.......

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              The dude's slash line last year was .198/.306/.261 and he gets three years and 11 million. Amazing.
                              I'm not defending Hanigan with a lot of fervor, but look at his numbers before last year. If you throw out 2010 (his best year) to offset 2013, you get an unexciting but consistent decent hitting backup catcher. Quality OBPs. He's not a terrible defensive catcher, either; not in Molina's league, but not awful IMO.

Crazy contract, especially for Tampa Bay, but I've learned not to question their method as much as I would many other organizations, since it seems to work.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X