No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yandy Man with HRs #8 & 9 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      The Yandy Man with HRs #8 & 9 tonight.
      9 matches his career best in the minors, which he hit in 2016. And he has around 30% of the AB he had that in 2016.

Dramatically different hitter than he was before, clearly there was a swing change involved, adding more loft. Good to see.

Comment

• This kid is snakebit:

Rays' pitching prospect Brent Honeywell will miss the remainder of the 2019 season after fracturing a bone in his elbow during his bullpen session on Saturday.
        The 24-year-old hurler had been fighting his way back from Tommy John surgery and was expected to make an impact for the Rays in the second half of the season. Now, he'll undergo another surgery on Monday, which will also check on the integrity of the Tommy John repair. It's another tough break for an extremely talented young right-hander. The Rays will know more after Monday's surgery on a potential timeline for his return and just how much of the 2020 season he may be forced to miss.

SOURCE: Marc Topkin on Twitter
        Jun 8, 2019, 5:23 PM ET

Comment

This kid is snakebit:

Rays' pitching prospect Brent Honeywell will miss the remainder of the 2019 season after fracturing a bone in his elbow during his bullpen session on Saturday.
          The 24-year-old hurler had been fighting his way back from Tommy John surgery and was expected to make an impact for the Rays in the second half of the season. Now, he'll undergo another surgery on Monday, which will also check on the integrity of the Tommy John repair. It's another tough break for an extremely talented young right-hander. The Rays will know more after Monday's surgery on a potential timeline for his return and just how much of the 2020 season he may be forced to miss.

SOURCE: Marc Topkin on Twitter
          Jun 8, 2019, 5:23 PM ET
          How do you fracture an elbow during a bullpen session?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Ask Jarrod Parker. He did it twice before retiring

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              I don't know any of the specifics around Honeywell, but one of the concerns around Tommy John surgery is that when you drill a hole into the bone to attach the new ligament, that weakens the bone.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Thanks Mike. I know what you meant but it sounds funny: “if you drill a hole it weakens the bone.” No kidding! In other news, if you drop a bucket of water on someone, they get wet!

��

Hope your gig is treating you well. You seem to be minting talent there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I don't know any of the specifics around Honeywell, but one of the concerns around Tommy John surgery is that when you drill a hole into the bone to attach the new ligament, that weakens the bone.
                  Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Snell with a disastrous outing: 2/3 IP, 2 H, 4 BB, 6 ER. Something has to be wrong with him.

Comment

Snell with a disastrous outing: 2/3 IP, 2 H, 4 BB, 6 ER. Something has to be wrong with him.
                      It'll be interesting to see the writeups. If you look at the pitch maps in https://www.espn.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=401075841 it looks like he was squeezed terribly - ball four to Voit, ball four to Encarnacion, and balls two, three, and four to Maybin all look like they could have been strikes.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see the writeups. If you look at the pitch maps in https://www.espn.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=401075841 it looks like he was squeezed terribly - ball four to Voit, ball four to Encarnacion, and balls two, three, and four to Maybin all look like they could have been strikes.
                        I'm heavily invested, and I'm scared

Comment

• Brendan Mckay recalled

Comment

Brendan Mckay recalled
                            Should I be excited?

Comment

• Why would they demote Yarbrough, who has been pitching quite well of late, and how soon will he likely return to the majors?

Comment

• They sent down Beeks also. I think they're just keeping their pitchers on a normal schedule through the break. I'd expect him to be back right afterward.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X