No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Aguilar hit .298 during the month of July in limited at bats (47) with the Brewers and now he looks like he could get significantly more playing time with the Rays. Wherever he's available, i'm giving him another shot.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I don't know about significant time for Aguilar, but he'll play vs all lefties. He's DH'ing vs a RH tonight though while Garcia takes a seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        I don't know about significant time for Aguilar, but he'll play vs all lefties. He's DH'ing vs a RH tonight though while Garcia takes a seat.
        I thought I heard/read somwhere that he has reverse splits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I thought I heard/read somwhere that he has reverse splits.
          Really no splits -- in his career he's very similar vs both arms

Comment

• Yandy Diaz will be shut down for 6-8 weeks after a CT scan revealed a hairline fracture in his left foot. See you in 2020.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bump for 2020...

Anyone around who can provide wisdom on:

- Is Brandon Lowe locked in as the starter at 2B, barring ST injuries or wholesale suckitude?
              - Any ideas how 1B will shake out between Choi, Nate Lowe and Jose Martinez?
              - Is DH a platoon between Tsutsugo and Jose Martinez?
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Knowing the Rays, I assume everything is a time share to some extent. In weekly leagues, I would avoid all the hitters except for Meadows. That's just how they roll. And let's not even talk about the "closer" situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  And let's not even talk about the "closer" situation.
                  No, let's. I have a $6 N. Anderson as my last cut, and now he feels like a must keep. I need to hear more about this, although it feels like it will all be reckless speculation until late March at the earliest.
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• I'm keeping Anderson at $6 for the 10 saves and 100 K's. But trying to figure out who their closer is would be impossible because they don't use one.

Comment

I'm keeping Anderson at $6 for the 10 saves and 100 K's. But trying to figure out who their closer is would be impossible because they don't use one.
                      That's exactly how i approached keeping Josh Hader last year. And it payed off. Unfortunately i kept Corey Knebel too. Win some lose some.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Totally different. This is the Rays. The don't hide that they don't do the closer thing. Doesn't mean Anderson won't be valuable.

Comment

Knowing the Rays, I assume everything is a time share to some extent.
                          I suspect you're right, but in my weekly AL only league that uses OBP and SLG, Brandon Lowe and Choi still have some decent value if they get 450+ PA. And I've just recently been offered Choi 6B and a first round reserve pick (#8) for Justin Upton 12B, and Brandon Lowe 10B straight up for Keuchel 3B. Because of our unusual minors rules, I have a chance of landing a very good prospect who can help this year with the first round reserve pick.

Choi's the one I'm most worried about in terms of healthy missed games.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm keeping Anderson at $6 for the 10 saves and 100 K's. But trying to figure out who their closer is would be impossible because they don't use one.
                            yeah, I think this is the right approach. I have Alvarado at $1 & if he's looking good in the spring I think he might make a keeper spot, but I'm under no illusions that he'll end up with more than 10 saves (ok, 15 would be great, but not likely)
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I suspect you're right, but in my weekly AL only league that uses OBP and SLG, Brandon Lowe and Choi still have some decent value if they get 450+ PA. And I've just recently been offered Choi 6B and a first round reserve pick (#8) for Justin Upton 12B, and Brandon Lowe 10B straight up for Keuchel 3B. Because of our unusual minors rules, I have a chance of landing a very good prospect who can help this year with the first round reserve pick.

Choi's the one I'm most worried about in terms of healthy missed games.
                              Yeah, I would be worried about Choi with all the corner/DH options they have. Lowe will get his 450-500 PA, if healthy, I would assume, unless he doesn't perform.

Comment

• How much of a discount are you guys putting on Snell due to the elbow discomfort he's going through?

Comment

Working...
                                X