Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K19: Tampa Bay Rays

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Very impressive contracts up and down the roster. They need to replace Loney at 1B, and may need to deal Price.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Gave 6.5mil to David Dejesus, then signed him to a multi-year deal at a slightly lower rate. So I guess he's going to be starting, at least against righties. He's not really a CF. Is Jennings really a CF?

Is this the year the Rays finally give up on Matt Joyce? He'll be in his 2nd year of arbitration, and he's 29. They've got DeJesus, Myers and Jennings on the outfield, Zobrist and Escobar at MI, and they need 1B/DH.

Alot depends on what happens with Price. If/when the do trade him they will fill at least one hole (1B/MI/C) if they get a MI (Profar?) then Zobrist/Joyce/DeJesus will be OF/1B/DH in some form (They want Zobrist's bat in the lineup, but I'm not sure they want glove at 2B). If they bring back a 1B, Joyce may platoon with DeJesus. I see Jennings as their everyday CF
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Jennings is solid in centerfield outside of the fact he can't throw well. DeJesus will be the LF vs RH

So the Rays have this 2B at AAA named Vince Belnome. Not sure he's considered a "prospect", but the guy sure knows how to take a walk. They got him from SD a couple of years ago, and all he does is get on-base at a .400 clip every year.

The Rays have an opening at 2B --is Belnome in the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    The Rays have an opening at 2B --is Belnome in the mix?
    Much will depend on what the do at 1B. If they get a true 1B, then Zobrist shifts back to 2B, if not I would say it could be a spring battle between him and Beckham if he plays a passable 2B. He's been a 1B/2B/3B/DH in the minors as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Grinch; 11-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

No, Belnome is back of the roster material. His overall grade would be a 45/80.

Sam Fuld non-tendered

I have Rajai Davis targeted for the Rays. They needed a RH bat more than a LH one. Love Fuld, but needs are needs