2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Matt Duffy said he will be out untl mid-May, so it will continue to be the Yandy Man's job until then (presumably).
    I, for one, can't believe that Matt Duffy is injured.

Yandy has also spent some time at 1B and is working on dual eligibility.

Comment

• The Yandy Man with his 2nd HR of the year already, after just 1 in his first 260 career ABs. Were the Rays successful in changing his launch angle? If they were, he could be an OBP league steal.

Comment

• I remember that Jason was really high on him, he might be able to give some details here.

Comment

The Yandy Man with his 2nd HR of the year already, after just 1 in his first 260 career ABs. Were the Rays successful in changing his launch angle? If they were, he could be an OBP league steal.
          He could be a beast. The plate approach and exit velocity, combined with an elevated launch angle, and we could see a very big year. 1st HR left the bat with 112.2 MPH exit velo.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

The Yandy Man with his 2nd HR of the year already, after just 1 in his first 260 career ABs. Were the Rays successful in changing his launch angle? If they were, he could be an OBP league steal.
            Fingers crossed...I was happy as hell to get him in the RJEL for 8 bucks. It's been a while since I've gotten lucky like that...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Snell broken toe, theoretically only missing one start. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...actures-toe-il
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Stanek bottle openers... nice one.

I don’t know what the equivalent would be for Chirinos but I want that!

Comment

• Nate Lowe gets recalled today

Comment

• Lowe up should mean Yandy mostly 3B for the time being, and Choi can DH

Comment

Nate Lowe gets recalled today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0l3QWUXVho

thats cool - oh nevermind Nate Lowe

Comment

• Any ideas on good comps for Nate Lowe rest-of-season? I know it's a bit of a wild guess with rookies like this, but what do you smart Rays folks (Jason?) think he could tally up by the end of the season now that he's gotten the call?

Comment

• I really liked Diaz, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and shipped him along with top prospects Krilloff and Kieboom for Nolan Arenado and a couple of other spare part upgrades. That is the second team that has dumped already this year. Really weird year, but it may have something to do with the top 3 teams being so loaded this year some of the bottom teams don't think they have a chance. Plus, Yandy Man has been great...I just hope Nolan ends up being enough better to justify trading a cheap Yandy and two top prospects.

Comment

• Here's a surprising comparison:

Player A: 37H, 21R, 7 HR, 22 RBI, 2 SB
                            Player B: 38H, 22R, 8 HR, 22 RBI, 3 SB

Basically identical. Within 1 in every counting stat. It's uncanny.

Player A is Ronald Acuna.
                            Player B is..... Brandon Lowe. (Note that Lowe actually has 9 fewer ABs, so a slightly higher average, but that's not really significant at this point)

I keep expecting Lowe to fall off a cliff because he is striking out too much and not walking enough. But instead of falling off a cliff he's just impersonating Acuna.

Comment

• Glasnow out 4-6 weeks with a forearm strain.

Comment

Working...
                              X