2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
    I will agree he may be the biggest TB flop, although Elijah Dukes' method was certainly was more of a train wreck.
    At least Dukes made the majors, although only for a short time, and he showed occasional flashes there. I remember seeing him live with the Nationals against the Reds and thinking, "Hey, this guy really does have the chops to play at this level". I think his track record of lack of personal and professional discipline worked against his getting opportunities, which in turn led to his going more psycho, etc., in an ever-tightening downward spiral.

BTW, is he in jail right now?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

yes, he's still in jail

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        yes, he's still in jail
        Bush, Dukes, or both?

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

BR-WAR Totals, last five years:
          - Zobrist: 32.9 (6.48 avg)
          - Longoria: 31.5 (6.30 avg)

A 6.0 places in the 10 BR-WAR for position players in any of the last five years.

By the way, worthy of any "worst trade" list:
          Ben Zobrist 7/12/2006: Traded by the Houston Astros with Mitch Talbot to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for Aubrey Huff and cash.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            BR-WAR Totals, last five years:
            - Zobrist: 32.9 (6.48 avg)
            - Longoria: 31.5 (6.30 avg)

A 6.0 places in the 10 BR-WAR for position players in any of the last five years.

By the way, worthy of any "worst trade" list:
            Ben Zobrist 7/12/2006: Traded by the Houston Astros with Mitch Talbot to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for Aubrey Huff and cash.
            Not as bad as TB trading Bobby Abreu for Kevin Stocker right after the expansion draft.

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Nate Karns called up. Will he be a starter or a reliever?
              Neither - was just sent back down to Durham. Boxberger likely to be back up for Tuesday. Team is stubbornly insistent Odorizzi can pitch through these issues of his.

Comment

Youthful? He's 29.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Good work by the Rays to completely obliterate Bell's arm in the meantime. 71 pitches?

Comment

Had to earn his check. He's a vet and he gets a few days off now

Comment

Ball-four isn't looking too hot.

Peralta isn't either.

McGee is a lefty.

What are the chances tampa goes to leo nunez assuming ballfour doesn't turn it around?

Comment

I'd say the odds are pretty good that Oviedo is the next in line.

Comment

I was at the game yesterday - worth noting that McGee hit 100 on the EE strikeout. He hit 99 another time & was consistently at 97-98.

I was interested in seeing Oviedo pitch - he looked good while warming up - but his first pitch was laced to right by Navarro, and his second was the bunt single by Gose that ended the game.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            I was at the game yesterday - worth noting that McGee hit 100 on the EE strikeout. He hit 99 another time & was consistently at 97-98.

I was interested in seeing Oviedo pitch - he looked good while warming up - but his first pitch was laced to right by Navarro, and his second was the bunt single by Gose that ended the game.
                            Nice. I'm going tomorrow night and Canada Day. The place looked half empty on tv last night, which bodes well for me tomorrow night, but eventually I hope fans are packing the place.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Nice. I'm going tomorrow night and Canada Day. The place looked half empty on tv last night, which bodes well for me tomorrow night, but eventually I hope fans are packing the place.
                              they sold out on Sunday. Interest is definitely picking up with the run they're on, lots of people at work planning on going over the next while.

Oh wait, this is the Rays thread ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Okay, so the rays are looking rugged these days. Plus, there are several teams between them and the playoffs in the East. Y.Escobar isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination. Does Hak Lee get the call in the second half? His defense is suppose to be very good. His walk rate is very good. Any chance for regular playing time??

Comment

Working...
                                X