2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    The trade of D Castillo isnt as mystifying as Seatlle's trade of Graveman (which doesnt look so bad now) but it's still curious. The Rays appear to have a lot of good hi-leverage arms in their pen but why trade away your best healthy guy in the middle of a playoff race? And I dont see what's so attractive about Chargois and Shenton. The Rays are pretty smart so it could work out but still curious.
    Then they go get Shawn Armstrong. Someone in TB was clearly sick and tired of everyone in the bullpen - beyond injured Nick Anderson I think they have turned the whole thing over in a few months.

Comment

• Dunno if its sick and tired; I'm betting on cheap. They have a tassel of arms that can move into bullpen roles from the minors.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Glasnow TJ surgery. See you in '23!

Comment

• Chris Archer will make his first start since April on Sunday against the White Sox. He missed all of last season following thoracic outlet surgery. And he's been out most of this season with a forearm strain.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Need a fast answer: Why is tomorrow TBD for Tampa's starter? Are they playing games with mclanahan, or can i count on him starting this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Need a fast answer: Why is tomorrow TBD for Tampa's starter? Are they playing games with mclanahan, or can i count on him starting this week?
              FWIW onroto doesnt have McClanahan starting this week (Rasmussen, Wacha, Yarbs, Patino, Archer)

I'm not sure who their data source is or how reliable

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                FWIW onroto doesnt have McClanahan starting this week (Rasmussen, Wacha, Yarbs, Patino, Archer)

I'm not sure who their data source is or how reliable
                ESPN has him starting Friday @BAL in that Wacha spot. I gotta decide in 10 mins. argh

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  ESPN has him starting Friday @BAL in that Wacha spot. I gotta decide in 10 mins. argh
                  CBS does not have him starting

Comment

• Im screwed either way because i just looked and my only alternative is junk. Putting my eggs in the ESPN basket

Comment

• I'd guess Rasmussen.

LOL, they'd already started--I did start Dennis in my leagues I have him rostered for the potential 2 starts (which might add up to 1 start)
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Wander Franco's on-base streak reached 33 games tonite. This is the longest such streak for a player under 21 since Frank Robinson's 43 games in 1956 and 2nd-longest all time in the AL since Mickey Mantle's 36 games in 1951-52. All this talk about this streak got me to wondering what's the longest such streak of all-time, which I didnt know. Ted Williams had an 84-game on base streak in 1949. The longest in the NL was 60 games by George Van Haltren in 1893. The longest Rays streak apparently was 48 games by Tommy Phan from 2018-19. So Franco has a ways to go to set any all-time marks. But he's having a nice MLB debut so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Wander Franco's on-base streak reached 33 games tonite. This is the longest such streak for a player under 21 since Frank Robinson's 43 games in 1956 and 2nd-longest all time in the AL since Mickey Mantle's 36 games in 1951-52. All this talk about this streak got me to wondering what's the longest such streak of all-time, which I didnt know. Ted Williams had an 84-game on base streak in 1949. The longest in the NL was 60 games by George Van Haltren in 1893. The longest Rays streak apparently was 48 games by Tommy Phan from 2018-19. So Franco has a ways to go to set any all-time marks. But he's having a nice MLB debut so far.
                          Rotoworld used the word "incandescent" to describe him the other day. I admit I had to google the word, but it actually seems to fit.

Comment

• Josh Lowe being promoted today

He's a perfect 24 for 24 in steals this season in Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Josh Lowe being promoted today

He's a perfect 24 for 24 in steals this season in Durham
                              Interesting - do you think he's a candidate for a starting role next year right away?
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I don't see Kiermaier sticking on the roster this winter. They have a serious logjam and they'll have to pair his contract up with a prospect to move him. Margot is also likely going elsewhere as well opening up a chance for Lowe to make the opening day roster. Then again, we know how this script plays out, so we'll see him in late May

Comment

Working...
                                X