2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Tanner Houck has nasty stuff, but it seems like he has so much movement on his pitches that they end up outside the zone and patient hitters could take real advantage.
    Unbelievably nasty stuff. If he can start getting ahead of hitters, watch out. Also, have you seen Whitlock out there? Whitlock owners need to hope and pray that his role changes soon away from this long relief role. Dude is lights out.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Franchy Cordero promoted and will now become the strong side platoon partner at 1B. Bobby Dalbec's value just took a nosedive.

Comment

Tanner Houck has nasty stuff, but it seems like he has so much movement on his pitches that they end up outside the zone and patient hitters could take real advantage.
        Hope Houck owners like myself have him on the bench, wary from his vaccination nonsense and unclear role. What a total dump of a performance today vs. the Angels! 7 ER in 2.1 IP following Dick Mountain's start. Ouch.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Hope Houck owners like myself have him on the bench, wary from his vaccination nonsense and unclear role. What a total dump of a performance today vs. the Angels! 7 ER in 2.1 IP following Dick Mountain's start. Ouch.
          I read he was piggybacking Hill today, so I took his obliteration. So glad I have Hunter Greene in another league, or else this could've destroyed my pitching for the year

Comment

I read he was piggybacking Hill today, so I took his obliteration. So glad I have Hunter Greene in another league, or else this could've destroyed my pitching for the year
            Damn, dude.

Comment

I did have him on my bench thankfully.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Nate Eovaldi tied the MLB record by allowing 5 HRs in one inning to the Astros yesterday.

Comment

• The M’s are the antidote for Trevor Story: 3 HRs, 7 RBIs

Comment

The M’s are the antidote for Trevor Story: 3 HRs, 7 RBIs
                    Saw that! Finally! And not only 3 HR and 7 RBI…. Also 5 runs scored and a stolen base. Bazinga!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Saw that! Finally! And not only 3 HR and 7 RBI…. Also 5 runs scored and a stolen base. Bazinga!
                      That's a DFS winner right there

Comment

The M’s are the antidote for Trevor Story: 3 HRs, 7 RBIs
                        and he just hit a grand slam
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Trevor Story has 21 RBIs in his last 7 games, the most by a Red Sox player in any 7-game stretch since 1920 and the most by any MLBer since 2015.

Comment

• Thoughts on Jarren Duran? I inherited a team with him on the minors roster and was honestly pretty lukewarm at best on the guy. He has hit all over the place but is constantly supported by unsustainable peripherals (like he needs a .400 BABIP to hit .300, etc.). As soon as his BABIP dropped down to normal he was a pretty "meh" player in 2021. But he's been very solid thus far in the majors (and again supported by an unsustainable BABIP). Flash in the pan? Great prospect making good in the bigs? No freakin' idea? At his best he could really be a five tool contributor. At his worst he's a batting average drain with minimal power and just a little speed. Can't figure out what to do with the guy....

Comment

Thoughts on Jarren Duran? I inherited a team with him on the minors roster and was honestly pretty lukewarm at best on the guy. He has hit all over the place but is constantly supported by unsustainable peripherals (like he needs a .400 BABIP to hit .300, etc.). As soon as his BABIP dropped down to normal he was a pretty "meh" player in 2021. But he's been very solid thus far in the majors (and again supported by an unsustainable BABIP). Flash in the pan? Great prospect making good in the bigs? No freakin' idea? At his best he could really be a five tool contributor. At his worst he's a batting average drain with minimal power and just a little speed. Can't figure out what to do with the guy....
                              I think he has made adjustments that are more in line with how he has played in the minors. He improved on K% from 35.7 to 19.3 and BB/9 3.6 to 7.0. If you do not have to activate him and can wait until Hernandez is back to see how PT is work out that might be the best course. I think he has a very good chance to continue to start the rest of the way because of Bradley and Hernandez BA. Also he has demonstrated stealing bases in the minors and has 4 so far.

Comment

• Duran got 2 more hits and his 1st HR.

Comment

Working...
                                X