2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    It's down to Cora and Fuld. Bloom wants Fuld and ownership wants Cora.
    Shockingly, ownership wins and re-hires Cora.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Shockingly, ownership wins and re-hires Cora.
      Just what Boston deserves.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• CF Verdugo
        SS Bogaerts
        3B Devers
        DH JDM
        C Vazquez
        LF Benintendi
        RF Renfroe
        2B Kike Hernandez
        1B Dalbec and Chavis

Though they're supposedly talking about trading Benny rather than waiting to see if he bounces back. And maybe bringing back Mitchy Two Bags to share 1B. And Jeter Downs will be up at some point.

Rotation
        Eovaldi when he's healthy
        E-Rod recovered from COVID?
        Garrett Richards when he's healthy
        Martin Perez
        Pivetta
        Chris Sale back from TJ at some point
        Tanner Houck

Bullpen
        Matt Barnes
        Adam Ottavino
        Ryan Brasier
        Darwinzon Hernandez

And they may be looking to add another free agent arm.

Strange things happening in BOS. They spent money on Kike and Richards. For some reason they traded for Ottavino and maybe helped the Yankees with their luxury tax issues? But they are likely the 4th best team in their division and don't seem to have the ability to change that.

Comment

• The Red Sox have reportedly agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with utility man Marwin Gonzalez, who turns 32 in March. He has spent the last two years with the Twins. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
          I'm soooo confused by the Red Sox. They've got Jeter Downs waiting in the wings, they've got Devers and Bogaerts presumably not going anywhere, and they've got Chavis, Dalbec, Marwin and Kike. Maybe one of those guys is their 4th OF to platoon with either Franchy or Verdugo... since their infield is getting awfully crowded.

Oh and I saw speculation that they could be a landing spot for JBJ.

The door appears to be open for Jackie Bradley Jr. to return to the Boston Red Sox following Andrew Benintendi's trade to the Kansas City Royals . Per MLB ...

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'm soooo confused by the Red Sox. They've got Jeter Downs waiting in the wings, they've got Devers and Bogaerts presumably not going anywhere, and they've got Chavis, Dalbec, Marwin and Kike. Maybe one of those guys is their 4th OF to platoon with either Franchy or Verdugo... since their infield is getting awfully crowded.

Oh and I saw speculation that they could be a landing spot for JBJ.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nintendi-trade
            They're like a bad fantasy owner with too much money at the auction, but not spending it wisely. They wait until the end and realize they have bunch of money and spend it on bench guys, only to leave tons of cash on the table at the end of the auction.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

They're like a bad fantasy owner with too much money at the auction, but not spending it wisely. They wait until the end and realize they have bunch of money and spend it on bench guys, only to leave tons of cash on the table at the end of the auction.
              LOL...I was thinking along the same lines, but you worded it far better than I would have.

Comment

I see it differently. They're the team with a good but not great keeper list with not much to spend, so they take some chances and hope all the stars align. It worked in 2013, but Boston doesn't have the pitching to pull it off this time around.

When the pitching is at a competitive point, I expect the purse strings to be loosened again.
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                  I see it differently. They're the team with a good but not great keeper list with not much to spend, so they take some chances and hope all the stars align. It worked in 2013, but Boston doesn't have the pitching to pull it off this time around.

When the pitching is at a competitive point, I expect the purse strings to be loosened again.
                  They signed WYSIWYG players. One I can see, but two? They don't really add a lot of value, IMO. Neither guy is great trade bait, and neither guy is likely to be there in 2023. I think that they would have been better off to let some of their younger players get additional time so they can see what they have at a major league level.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• It's sort of the Rays Way- sign/acquire a bunch of versatile guys and see what shakes out.

Comment

They signed WYSIWYG players. One I can see, but two? They don't really add a lot of value, IMO. Neither guy is great trade bait, and neither guy is likely to be there in 2023. I think that they would have been better off to let some of their younger players get additional time so they can see what they have at a major league level.
                      Alex needs Marwin to help him with the next cheating scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        It is the only way this team is gonna win.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Hah! Touche!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Red Sox signed Danny Santana

Comment

• Michael Silverman of the Boston Globe reports that NBA superstar LeBron James will become part-owner of the Red Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Michael Silverman of the Boston Globe reports that NBA superstar LeBron James will become part-owner of the Red Sox.
                                I guess Tom Brady wasn't interested.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X