No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as a moderate-level Mets fan, I say adios to Beltran.

apparently Mets social media wants a 1-year Terry Collins comeback.

Collins and Calloway were oddly similar - neither was a competent in-game manager, but man did the players love to play for them.

Mets finished 42-21 last year and got to the verge of wild-card relevance - and Calloway still got fired off an 86-76 season.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The big question is will this prevent Beltran from getting voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Chris Sale - MRI on elbow. That's scary enough, but the images are being sent to Dr. Death; I mean Dr. James Andrews for review.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Chris Sale - MRI on elbow. That's scary enough, but the images are being sent to Dr. Death; I mean Dr. James Andrews for review.
          If he misses significant time, then the Red Sox rotation is (gulp): Eduardo Rodriguez, Nate Eovaldi, Martin Perez, and two bullpen days. Yeesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            If he misses significant time, then the Red Sox rotation is (gulp): Eduardo Rodriguez, Nate Eovaldi, Martin Perez, and two bullpen days. Yeesh.
            I was thinking over dinner last night that it's reached the point where Andrew Cashner may be an alternative for them to at least soak up innings. There's other alternatives, but he's already pitched there so he's used to the system, fans, and everything else that comes with Boston. Heck, he's likely at least as good as Martin Perez.

Edit to add - Now Sale's MRI's are being reviewed by Dr. ElAttrache in addition to Andrews. I sense doom.
            Last edited by chancellor; 03-04-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Doom averted. Looks like Sale doesn't need to go under the knife. How long he'll be out and exactly injury he's dealing with is still unknown.

Comment

Doom averted. Looks like Sale doesn't need to go under the knife. How long he'll be out and exactly injury he's dealing with is still unknown.
                This uncertainty is exactly why he'll be the first player I nominate this weekend.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  This uncertainty is exactly why he'll be the first player I nominate this weekend.
                  If you nom him first, it will probably push the price way down...is that the goal?

Comment

Doom averted. Looks like Sale doesn't need to go under the knife. How long he'll be out and exactly injury he's dealing with is still unknown.
                    But they did ominously state that they "expect him to pitch in the 2020 season." Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      If you nom him first, it will probably push the price way down...is that the goal?
                      First few players rarely go under value in my league. And Sale's value is a total mystery right now.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

First few players rarely go under value in my league. And Sale's value is a total mystery right now.
                        Strange...almost every league Im in the first few guys end up being underpriced when you look in the rearview.

Comment

Strange...almost every league Im in the first few guys end up being underpriced when you look in the rearview.
                          This is my experience as well.

Comment

Our league hasn't replaced an owner since 2005, folks know what they're doing.

Mainly, I wouldn't touch Sale this year so those are the players I toss first.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Our league hasn't replaced an owner since 2005, folks know what they're doing.

Mainly, I wouldn't touch Sale this year so those are the players I toss first.
                              I would bet you a beer that Sale goes way below your projected auction value if you throw him in the first round. Especially if people "know what they are doing". If your goal is to get someone to overpay for a questionable (by health) pitcher, I would throw him when he is one of the last pitchers standing among the top 20 SP by ADP.

Comment

I would bet you a beer that Sale goes way below your projected auction value if you throw him in the first round. Especially if people "know what they are doing". If your goal is to get someone to overpay for a questionable (by health) pitcher, I would throw him when he is one of the last pitchers standing among the top 20 SP by ADP.
                                What is "way below" mean in your league?

Comment

Working...
                                X