No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like a logical move. They were desperate for starting pitching. Pivetta might help.

Comment

• Nice season so far JD!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Nice season so far JD!!
        He really has been putrid. I hope you just jump started him--I just dealt for him.

Comment

• Red Sox transfer OF Andrew Benintendi from the 10-day IL to the 45-day IL.

Manager Ron Roenicke said Tuesday that they are shutting Benintendi down for the year.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• salt on the wound - the Yankees ain't sniffing even an expanded playoff with a 14-21 record against everyone else.

but 7-0 against the Red Sox so far carries the Yanks into the 8th seed with 18 games left.

if the Red Sox had just salvaged 2 out of 7, they could well have fallen off the roof and grabbed the Yankees with them to a brutal and fatal joint thud in 2020. they do get 3 more chances.......
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Bobby Dalbec hit another homer. Some fans seem to get irritated he is either a K or HR. I don’t get too worked up about that kind of thing. But I have to wonder - will he ever cut down the K’s?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShawnRobinson View Post
                Bobby Dalbec hit another homer. Some fans seem to get irritated he is either a K or HR. I don’t get too worked up about that kind of thing. But I have to wonder - will he ever cut down the K’s?
                This reminds me of an answer Mark McGwire gave to a reporter when he was hitting all those roided up bombs. It stands out in my mind, because I don't think, before or since, I've ever seen an athlete filled with such disdain for the idiocy of a question. He had just had a 1-4 game with 3ks and one homer. The reporter asked him if he was concerned about the Ks and whether would be satisfied if he did that every single game--1 homer and 3ks. McQuire said something like, "are you really asking me if I'd be okay if I hit a 162 homers on the year? Really?" And gave this disgusted head nod. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  This reminds me of an answer Mark McGwire gave to a reporter when he was hitting all those roided up bombs. It stands out in my mind, because I don't think, before or since, I've ever seen an athlete filled with such disdain for the idiocy of a question. He had just had a 1-4 game with 3ks and one homer. The reporter asked him if he was concerned about the Ks and whether would be satisfied if he did that every single game--1 homer and 3ks. McQuire said something like, "are you really asking me if I'd be okay if I hit a 162 homers on the year? Really?" And gave this disgusted head nod. Good stuff.
                  Great reference. I don’t remember that exact situation but I do remember people doing the same thing to McGwire.
                  This is article is a fun reference to this topic. Adam Dunn was my favorite
                  For a pitcher, the strikeout is a stat that shows the ability to fool opposing hitters. For a hitter, the strikeout tells us about the batter's contact skills and patience at the plate...

Comment

• McGwire was once asked how much he would pay to own one of his record-breaking home run balls.

he looked quizzically at the reporter and responded, "Um, it's just a baseball."
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The Red Sox acquired RP Jacob Wallace from the Rockies to complete the Kevin Pillar deal.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tanner Houck:

3 MLB career starts
                        3 wins

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Red Sox will not bring back manager Ron Roenicke for the 2021 season.

Roenicke was elevated from bench coach to manager after Alex Cora was suspended and fired for his involvement in the Astros' sign-stealing. It is Cora who many feel is the most likely candidate to become the team's skipper again, although the Red Sox say they'll have an extensive search.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gee, i wonder who will get the job.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Gee, i wonder who will get the job.

It's down to Cora and Fuld. Bloom wants Fuld and ownership wants Cora.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X