No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many restaurants the Red Sox will have to compensate for the business loss.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Dustin Pedroia to be activated tomorrow.

Comment

• He'll probably replace Valbuena on my AL only team, given how little Valbuena's been playing lately. What do y'all expect of Pedroia at this stage in his career? I could certainly use a batting average anchor if he's still capable of being one.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          He'll probably replace Valbuena on my AL only team, given how little Valbuena's been playing lately. What do y'all expect of Pedroia at this stage in his career? I could certainly use a batting average anchor if he's still capable of being one.
          BA, some runs, and that's about it...not a bad contribution, but not like the Pedey of 5 years ago.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Dustin Pedroia to be activated tomorrow.
            Annnnd......Dustin Pedroia back to the DL with knee inflammation.

Comment

• A shame about E-Rod. He was having a very good year.

Comment

• JD Martinez must REALLY like it in Boston. I can't remember the last time a player of his stature offered to restructure their contract.

Comment

• Mookie Betts has just 42 strikeouts in 350 plate appearances. Chew on that nugget a little.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Mookie Betts has just 42 strikeouts in 350 plate appearances. Chew on that nugget a little.
                    and 46 walks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      and 46 walks.
                      what a terrific season.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Eduardo Nunez exercised his $5 mil player option for next year, and Price opted-in.

Comment

• The Red Sox sign Chris Sale to a 6 year/$160 million extension.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• How many AB's does anyone guess for Swihart now that it looks Leon is out of the Catcher mix? Any chance Swihart can overtake Vazquez, or will he continue as backup catcher and pickup starts in other positions?

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              How many AB's does anyone guess for Swihart now that it looks Leon is out of the Catcher mix? Any chance Swihart can overtake Vazquez, or will he continue as backup catcher and pickup starts in other positions?
                              I think Swihart is going to stay the backup/utility guy. Frankly I was a little surprised at this move. I wouldn't be surprised if Leon clears waivers, goes to AAA and comes back in a month. I think the Sox are trying to bring Swihart along slowly while letting him develop in the majors.

Comment

• What is the deal with Sale? His velocity was way down tonight--high 80s. He looks really off, but he also looks like he wasn't throwing max effort. I don't know why. Purposefully sandbagging in real games seems like a really odd strategy, even if it is to preserve himself for later in the season. But that is the only narrative that makes how he has looked like so far not a screaming red flag. Is something wrong physically, or it is a strategy to help him be better in late summer, which is still disturbing, because either way, it means he won't be the ace many paid for?

The Sale owner is panicking in my league, but still wants a lot for him. I'm torn. On the one hand, I wanna buy low. On the other hand, I'm kinda glad I am not him right now. Sale ain't looking right,, whatever the reason.

I got Kluber a good bit cheaper than Sale went for in the auction, and I was happy to land him. I know the Sale owner, who even regretted then not getting Kluber at the cheaper price over Sale would trade Sale for my Kluber. But I can't bring myself to make the offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X