Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I’ll take his HR too.
    You mean all 4 of them? Wow. That's great.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      You mean all 4 of them? Wow. That's great.
      Yes it is actually. My teams are winning again. Partly thanks to him. He has been great. Sorry that your teams suck again.

Comment

Yes it is actually. My teams are winning again. Partly thanks to him. He has been great. Sorry that your teams suck again.
        Those 4 hr aren't the key to your team winning so far.

This is actually the 1st year since 2006 that my team has sucked. Pretty good run huh? Madducks can back that up.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Those 4 hr aren't the key to your team winning so far.

This is actually the 1st year since 2006 that my team has sucked. Pretty good run huh? Madducks can back that up.
          Pretty good run of luck
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Pretty good run of luck
            Indeed!! I think my luck wore out this year!!

Comment

• Michael Chavis is up, and interestingly, he's played 2 games at 3B, 3 games at 2B, so he could quickly get 1B/2B/3B for this year, and likely to get a fair amount of 3B time with Devers' reported defensive struggles. I'm stoked he'll get 2B quickly though! I had no idea he could play 2B!

Aside from position flexibility, he offers some HR power. I like his chances for something like a .250/.330/.480 rest of season line with maybe 20-25 HR.

Anybody else with shares?
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I blew 30% of my Tout FAAB on Chavis last weekend.

Unrelated -- a note on Eduardo Rodriguez.

https://t.co/w4aDnl99At?amp=1 and it's already showing up in the data: https://t.co/Q9L3GFPSj6?amp=1

Comment

• Neat information on Rodriguez, thanks for the links.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    Michael Chavis is up, and interestingly, he's played 2 games at 3B, 3 games at 2B, so he could quickly get 1B/2B/3B for this year, and likely to get a fair amount of 3B time with Devers' reported defensive struggles. I'm stoked he'll get 2B quickly though! I had no idea he could play 2B!

Aside from position flexibility, he offers some HR power. I like his chances for something like a .250/.330/.480 rest of season line with maybe 20-25 HR.

Anybody else with shares?
                    Do we know if he is up for good or just a placeholder for a short time?
                    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                      Do we know if he is up for good or just a placeholder for a short time?
                      Depth chart looks good for Chavis. 2B is weak, with Pedroia, Holt, and E. Nunez the trio of injured 2B. He should carve out at least a part-time role at 2B, if not the lion's share. At 1B, Moreland is okay, but they can carve out a piece of 1B playing time for him as well (maybe even short side platoon vs lefties), and I think Devers' defensive issues give him a small slice of 3B.

I see lots of avenues to accrue playing time throughout the year, unless he stops hitting. The somewhat high swing-and-miss in his profile could lead to a slump to send him down, but I'm hopeful he can get to enough HR power to offset the K's, and the positional flexibility to stay up the rest of the season. Moonlight J's high faab bid gives me confidence.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Wake the fuck up JD!

Comment

Wake the fuck up JD!
                          You make a great point. JDM puts up a .940 OPS in his sleep. Monster player.

Comment

You make a great point. JDM puts up a .940 OPS in his sleep. Monster player.
                            Again. Empty BA so far. That's all he's done in 5x5 leagues.

He is the 107th ranked hitter in 5x5. Not sure why you have such A difficult time admitting that so far, he has been a disappointment to own. That's a fact borne out by his current ranking, and not my incessant bitching.
                            Last edited by Mithrandir; 04-27-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Again. Empty BA so far. That's all he's done in 5x5 leagues.

He is the 107th ranked hitter in 5x5. Not sure why you have such A difficult time admitting that so far, he has been a disappointment to own. That's a fact borne out by his current ranking, and not my incessant bitching.
                              Because whining about a guy hitting .340 makes you look dumb.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Because whining about a guy hitting .340 makes you look dumb.
                                So the fact that he has 4 HR, 13 RBI , and 13 runs scored is ok? Great in 1 category but pretty bad in 4 others makes me a whiner?

Please elucidate exactly how he is helping fantasy teams so far besides one category? Note that I said SO FAR.

Oh wait, you can't.

I think because it is Mithrandir posting this stuff, your ability to see the facts for what they are gets muddied. As you completely ignore the fact that he is the 107th ranked hitter right now. But hey .340!
                                Last edited by Mithrandir; 04-27-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X