2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    Strange. Of all the years I've been visiting this board I never noticed this much hate. One of the things I liked about this place was how well everyone was treated. Perhaps the Vitriol was there and I just missed it.
    I have always had vitriolic statements directed towards me because like to bitch about players underperforming. Fascinating how upset people get when I just post stats and think players are underperforming. I'm just having fun, but many get really upset. That's on them I guess.

And if you look back I rarely, if EVER, slammed anyone personally.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Ken always likes to have the last word and tell you what your opinion is worth.

I stand with Mith.............
      Well I find it difficult to disagree with the fact that JD is underperforming in a big way this year:

48th in HR
      51st in Runs
      56 in RBI

How am I trolling when I present the facts that show he is having a sub-par year in fantasy 5x5?

The trolls seem to be those that keep harassing me for pointing out facts.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Since this is DEFINITELY my final fantasy baseball year, you guys can relish the very high probability that after September 30th I will no longer post on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Since this is DEFINITELY my final fantasy baseball year, you guys can relish the very high probability that after September 30th I will no longer post on this site.
          I am sure JD Martinez is stoked to read this.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Since this is DEFINITELY my final fantasy baseball year, you guys can relish the very high probability that after September 30th I will no longer post on this site.
            I'll miss you mith

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              I'll miss you mith
              ditto
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I am sure JD Martinez is stoked to read this.
                Can JD Martinez read? What do the metrics say?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Why is Mith giving up fantasy baseball?

Comment

• I will not miss Mith. His posts provide zero information or value. I guess others find humor in them, but I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Why is Mith giving up fantasy baseball?
                      He's tired of playing a game of chance ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well I find it difficult to disagree with the fact that JD is underperforming in a big way this year:

48th in HR
                        51st in Runs
                        56 in RBI

How am I trolling when I present the facts that show he is having a sub-par year in fantasy 5x5?

The trolls seem to be those that keep harassing me for pointing out facts.
                        I guess my request to send a PM instead was ignored. Fine. Unfortunate, but sure...

How are you trolling? The incessant "another ofer today" trash for a player with positive value in the batting average category is trolling. It's equivalent to posting every day that Mike Trout doesn't hit a homer because you think it's cute to point out. It's not. It is trolling. It serves no purpose at all other than to try to elicit a response.

Combined with blatant laziness, i.e. "I thought he was supposed to heat up after May 1" when in fact.. he did.. but you didn't even take then time to fact check. Posting garbage information like that waters down the good information that's available on this board.

As far as you leaving, that's unfortunate, but it really does sound like it's time to go. When you start with the get off my lawn attitude complaining about luck and "stat geeks", the game has passed you by. It's a stat based game, if you cannot understand the statistics and underlying data, you're going to lose, and it sounds like that's the case for you this year.

Rather than the stubborn attitude on stats, if you embraced it and actually looked into how it works, and how statcast type data drives fantasy stats I'm sure you'd add a tool to your toolbox and improve. But it doesn't sound like you are interested in that. Unfortunate!

And for what it's worth, I'm a proponent of a combination of stats and old school scouting reports, I'm far from the end of the spectrum where they scout the box scores only, but I guess it's easier to label me as a stat only guy than it is to actually discuss the topic in detail.

Anyway, good luck in your next endeavor!

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                          I will not miss Mith. His posts provide zero information or value. I guess others find humor in them, but I don't get it.
                          Say miss mith five times fast
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Say miss mith five times fast
                            She was my fifth grade teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Why is Mith giving up fantasy baseball?
                              Because he's getting his ass kicked in fantasy baseball this year.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Because he's getting his ass kicked in fantasy baseball this year.
                                Bad year true, more due to lack of interest and preparation for the season than anything else. After 29 years the ship has sailed. Lost interest last year, but decided to give it one more year. This was the first year, for me, that I really didn't look forward to or enjoy, the League auction draft. And the draft was always like a 2nd Christmas day to me. One of the best days of the year. No longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X