2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I guess my request to send a PM instead was ignored. Fine. Unfortunate, but sure...

How are you trolling? The incessant "another ofer today" trash for a player with positive value in the batting average category is trolling. It's equivalent to posting every day that Mike Trout doesn't hit a homer because you think it's cute to point out. It's not. It is trolling. It serves no purpose at all other than to try to elicit a response.

Combined with blatant laziness, i.e. "I thought he was supposed to heat up after May 1" when in fact.. he did.. but you didn't even take then time to fact check. Posting garbage information like that waters down the good information that's available on this board.

As far as you leaving, that's unfortunate, but it really does sound like it's time to go. When you start with the get off my lawn attitude complaining about luck and "stat geeks", the game has passed you by. It's a stat based game, if you cannot understand the statistics and underlying data, you're going to lose, and it sounds like that's the case for you this year.

Rather than the stubborn attitude on stats, if you embraced it and actually looked into how it works, and how statcast type data drives fantasy stats I'm sure you'd add a tool to your toolbox and improve. But it doesn't sound like you are interested in that. Unfortunate!

And for what it's worth, I'm a proponent of a combination of stats and old school scouting reports, I'm far from the end of the spectrum where they scout the box scores only, but I guess it's easier to label me as a stat only guy than it is to actually discuss the topic in detail.

Anyway, good luck in your next endeavor!
    Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Bad year true, more due to lack of interest and preparation for the season than anything else. After 29 years the ship has sailed. Lost interest last year, but decided to give it one more year. This was the first year, for me, that I really didn't look forward to or enjoy, the League auction draft. And the draft was always like a 2nd Christmas day to me. One of the best days of the year. No longer.
      and then JD Martinez ruined your season !!

I'm just teasing. I took a break for several years, it was good, but enjoying playing again. Best of luck (ha ha) for the future if we don't hear from you.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Because he's getting his ass kicked in fantasy baseball this year.
        he's in 2nd place in the Mock Draft we did!
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          he's in 2nd place in the Mock Draft we did!
          That's because......of course...I didn't draft JD!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I think Ken renounced his criticism of Mith and others in some other thread recently, so that's worth noting
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Red Sox have 16 runs and 18 hits tonight. JD with 5 rbi!

Oh wait. My bad. He's 1-5 and only sox without an RBI.

Fucking turd.
              Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-25-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Hahahahaha

Comment

Red Sox have 16 runs and 18 hits tonight. JD with 5 rbi!

Oh wait. My bad. He's 1-5 and only sox without an RBI.

Fucking turd.
                  Now he's just trolling you.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Now he's just trolling you.
                    Oh man

36jfuw.jpg

Comment

• I think that Mith deserves a JD Power Award for his loyalty to Martinez.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Since this is DEFINITELY my final fantasy baseball year, you guys can relish the very high probability that after September 30th I will no longer post on this site.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lol nice Madducks

Comment

• JD 4 for 4 with 2 hr's. I bet mith traded him away yesterday
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              JD 4 for 4 with 2 hr's. I hope mith traded him away yesterday
                              Fixed
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• sale going to see the elbow doctor. hypothetical, he needs tommy john. what are you willing to pay for Sale in spring 2020 knowing you can't use him until 2021 in an A.L. only 12 team league??

Ohtani, mccullers and kopech all went $5 or less in my 2019 auctions...

Comment

Working...
                                X