No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno, but I happily started a stack of A's righties against Sale in DFS last night, which I wouldn't have expected to be a thing a month ago.

I think it's just that he threw so little in ST that he's still building up. But I'm still wondering if he's ever going to get back to full strength. I would be thinking he was headed for surgery if the Red Sox hadn't just given him $150mil... they must think he's OK.

I wouldn't give up Kluber for him right now, that's for sure. I think I'd rank Sale outside my current top 30 SPs for the rest of the season. (Without having done the math... I have Mikolas and Castillo and while I'm not sure if I could deal either for Sale, I'd at least have to think about it)

Comment

• 2K19: Boston Red Sox

Brock Holt was placed on the 10-day injured list with a scratched cornea in his right eye caused by his two-year-old son poking him in the eye.

The injury originally occurred on March 28 and caused him to miss the first two games. Holt thought he was ready to play after that, but starting the year 1-16 with 7 k's has made him reconsider his decision.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ooops! Tried to pull up the Red Sox thread from the 2K19 sticky, but the link didn't work. After posting, i noticed thread #2 at the bottom of the forum.
        Last edited by madducks; 04-07-2019, 05:29 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Red Sox are starting Christian Vazquez at 2B today for some reason. :Shrug:

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Red Sox are starting Christian Vazquez at 2B today for some reason. :Shrug:
            Gotta keep that career .245/.295/.340 bat in the lineup.
            Besides, he's hot, .167/.219/.333 over his last 9 games.

Comment

• Former top prospect Blake Swihart DFA'd

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Former top prospect Blake Swihart DFA'd
                Man, what the heck are the Red Sox doing? Seems really weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Man, what the heck are the Red Sox doing? Seems really weird.
                  Trying to save Sale with bringing up Leon to be his personal catcher.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Trying to save Sale with bringing up Leon to be his personal catcher.
                    As a Sale owner, I wholeheartedly support anything that makes him better. Tonight's game will be telling. He's once again had extra rest. he is up to an inning count that is consistent with a full spring training, and his adrenaline is pumping facing a big time rival, and he should smell blood in the water facing the big name team, but with most of their players on the IL. If he craps the bed tonight, I think it is time to ramp up the worry for sure. I just traded for him and started him this week. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      As a Sale owner, I wholeheartedly support anything that makes him better. Tonight's game will be telling. He's once again had extra rest. he is up to an inning count that is consistent with a full spring training, and his adrenaline is pumping facing a big time rival, and he should smell blood in the water facing the big name team, but with most of their players on the IL. If he craps the bed tonight, I think it is time to ramp up the worry for sure. I just traded for him and started him this week. Fingers crossed.
                      The results weren't great, because he wasn't locating his pitches all that well, but I take tonight's game as a very positive step forward. The velocity was way up, all the way up to vintage levels for a couple of innings, in fact. He just needs to combine this velocity with consistently locating his pitches, and I think everyone who held or bought is going to end up relieved. I'm cautiously hopeful he does just that against the Tigers next time out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        The results weren't great, because he wasn't locating his pitches all that well, but I take tonight's game as a very positive step forward. The velocity was way up, all the way up to vintage levels for a couple of innings, in fact. He just needs to combine this velocity with consistently locating his pitches, and I think everyone who held or bought is going to end up relieved. I'm cautiously hopeful he does just that against the Tigers next time out.
                        Sometimes command does take longer to come back than stuff. I agree the stuff looked awfully good last night when it wasn't getting smacked around. I'd still be trying to buy low if I could.

Comment

• Swihart traded to ARZ.

Comment

• JD sucking ass so far. Empty BA is all that's decent.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              JD sucking ass so far. Empty BA is all that's decent.
                              I’ll take his HR too.

Comment

• Looks like Nate Eovaldi is going to go under the knife again. Loose bodies in the elbow, caused him to miss about 2 months last year, but when he came back he was pretty damn good...hope the results are the same this time out.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X