Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    3-4 today, with another RBI
    Non-HRs don't count, why don't you understand this?!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• How is this “argument” still a thing?

Comment

• Michael Chavis doing enough to get full time at bats?
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• JD is on fire! Just need a few bombs.

Its gonna happen soon as the underlying metrics suggest lots of counting stats!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Michael Chavis doing enough to get full time at bats?
            Definitely. He has the highest OPS on the team. Also with a large share of 2B, Devers brutal 3B defense, and only Moreland ahead of him at 1B, I like Chavis' chances to carve out a full-time role the rest of the way.

By the way, Devers committed his 9th fielding error last night. In the 9th inning, Red Sox up 4-3, with 1 out and nobody on. Followed by a single to Alonso and a 3-run HR from Delmonico to end it. That cannot go on forever.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Definitely. He has the highest OPS on the team. Also with a large share of 2B, Devers brutal 3B defense, and only Moreland ahead of him at 1B, I like Chavis' chances to carve out a full-time role the rest of the way.

By the way, Devers committed his 9th fielding error last night. In the 9th inning, Red Sox up 4-3, with 1 out and nobody on. Followed by a single to Alonso and a 3-run HR from Delmonico to end it. That cannot go on forever.
              Devers also has 32 hits, 24 singles and 8 doubles. Whered the power go?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Michael Chavis is here to stay.

https://www.mlb.com/news/michael-cha...-homer-of-2019

Red Sox second baseman Michael Chavis added yet another memorable blast to his rookie resume during the sixth inning of Friday night’s game against the White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Chavis demolished a hanging first-pitch slider for a two-run home run off White Sox starter Reynaldo Lopez, nearly hitting the concourse in left, to give Boston a 5-0 lead at the time.

The homer was projected to travel 459 feet, according to Statcast, which is the longest by a Red Sox hitter this season.

Chavis’ homer is the fourth-longest for the Red Sox since Statcast began tracking in 2015. He is now responsible for each of Boston's three longest home runs in 2019.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Yeah, Chavis looks legit. The RS would be nuts to bench him for pedroia or nunez if he keeps hitting.

On another note, anyone know Sale's velocity tonight? Stat line looks good, but would love to know his FB velocity avg. Where can I find that?

Comment

• Triple slash stud JD still mediocre in 5x5 stats.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• From Rotoworld:

Michael Chavis went 4-for-6 with two homers, three RBI and three runs scored on Saturday for the Red Sox in their 15-2 drubbing of the White Sox.

Goodness gracious has this escalated quickly. Chavis blistered a homer in the third -- one of three that the Red Sox hit that inning in a frame that saw Boston pick up 10 straight hits -- and he obliterated another solo shot in the fifth to give the Red Sox a 15-1 lead. Between those two bombs, he knocked in a run on a single. The sensational rookie is now hitting .354/.466/.771 over his first 14 games with six homers and 13 RBI. Regression is coming because it has to, but to say he looks the part is an understatement.

Comment

• 9 runs today. JD with another 1 hit, 1 rbi game . On fire! Seeeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

• I wish my guys had one hit and one run today
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I wish my guys had one hit and one run today
                            Don’t feed the troll just ignore him.

Comment

Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I wish my guys had one hit and one run today
                                2-33 for a 0.061 OBP in my NL only. How does that even happen?

Freeman and Harper 1-10 no walks.

Comment

Working...
                                X