2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    sale going to see the elbow doctor. hypothetical, he needs tommy john. what are you willing to pay for Sale in spring 2020 knowing you can't use him until 2021 in an A.L. only 12 team league??

Ohtani, mccullers and kopech all went $5 or less in my 2019 auctions...
    if you're throwing 2020 I could see going into the low-mid teens ... but if you're still trying to compete it would be tough to set aside more than $5-10 and still expect to buy what you need to compete
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Red Sox have "parted ways" with team president Dave Dombrowski.

No word yet on the reason for the dismissal, but the defending World Champions are in the midst of a very disappointing 2019 campaign -- with many blaming Dombrowkski's failure to address the bullpen in the offseason as one of the contributing factors. Assistant general managers Eddie Romero, Brian O'Halloran and Zak Scott will share Dombrowski's responsibilities as the head of baseball operations for the remainder of the season.
      Source: Jeff Passan on Twitter
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Multiple outlets report that the Red Sox have fired vice president of baseball operations Frank Wren.
        It's also been reported that the Red Sox will not renew the contract of renowned scout Eddie Bane; best known as the scouting director that brought the Angels Mike Trout. Wren; a former general manager for the Orioles and Braves, was brought in by Dave Dombrowski, who was fired by Boston on September 9. It appears that we'll have a very new front office for the Red Sox in 2019.

SOURCE: Alex Speier on Twitter
        Sep 19, 2019, 5:48 PM ET

Comment

• yet they are keeping La Russa
          lol
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Steven Wright will undergo Tommy John surgery and is expected to miss the entire 2020 season.

The 35 year old knuckleball pitcher was released by the Red Sox on Friday.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I wonder if Mike Fast has his name in the hat.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• 2018 World Series MVP Steve Pearce told Rob Bradford of WEEI that he's "unofficially retired."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And Alex Cora is the latest to be fired over sign stealing. There’s a young career likely wrecked.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    And Alex Cora is the latest to be fired over sign stealing. There’s a young career likely wrecked.
                    Cora and Hinch both had very bright futures. It's quite possible that we have just witnessed two Hall of Fame managerial careers go down the drain. Former Astros player and now Mets manager Carlos Beltran will probably be watched very closely by MLB now.
                    Last edited by madducks; 01-14-2020, 11:58 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      yet they are keeping La Russa
                      lol
                      Hmmmn.....

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And did Mike Minor dig the knife in and twist it. Wow.

Comment

And did Mike Minor dig the knife in and twist it. Wow.
                          I loved that quote...play the right way, eh Alex? Cant wait to see Beltran get hoisted as well...probably won't happen soon though.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

And did Mike Minor dig the knife in and twist it. Wow.
                            Just saw that---funny stuff. Cora deserved it. Only thing worse than a cheat is a sanctimonious one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I loved that quote...play the right way, eh Alex? Cant wait to see Beltran get hoisted as well...probably won't happen soon though.
                              I’m more sympathetic to Beltran - not a sanctimonious jag like Cora, just a desperate player at the end of a career. I don’t think he should walk scot-free, but a symbolic slap on the wrist would be fine with me.

Comment

I’m more sympathetic to Beltran - not a sanctimonious jag like Cora, just a desperate player at the end of a career. I don’t think he should walk scot-free, but a symbolic slap on the wrist would be fine with me.
                                Sounds like his managerial career will now end before it starts. Cora was the ringleader by all accounts. But he made $15 million or so as a player and unknown salaries as a coach and manager. He'll be just fine. So will Hinch. So will Beltran if he just walks away now.

Comment

Working...
                                X