No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's impressive that you keep coming back for more.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      It's impressive that you keep coming back for more.
      Well until you guys actually comprehend that his performance thus far in 5x5 has been underwhelming as far as expectations (and especially in this juiced ball year) were, then It's my duty to keep proving you wrong.

95th ranked player in 5x5. As Mr. Murray so aptly put it: That's the facts Jack!

95th i said. You do know that's not really good for him, right?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I think it was in 2014, Miguel Cabrera went for $53 in our 12 team AL only auction. I had said to the owner that bought him that he would pretty much need to win the triple crown again to come close to earning that $53. Cabrera has come off of 2 of the best seasons (2012-2013) in history and I felt he would be lucky to return a value of $30.

One of my rules is to never spend more than $35 on one player - I have almost always done better with 2 $20 players rather than 1 $40 player. Going along the lines of 'If you put all of your eggs in one basket' I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Well until you guys actually comprehend that his performance thus far in 5x5 has been underwhelming as far as expectations (and especially in this juiced ball year) were, then It's my duty to keep proving you wrong.
          Is that all it takes to get you to shut the hell up?

I said "JD Martinez sucks" just 1 page back. No need to continue trolling man, you got your wish.

Comment

• 95th. Ranked. Player.

Another lousy night tonight (so far).
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• WTF, get a room
              Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-18-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• JD ranked 397 over the last 30 days.

I believe I was informed in maybe late April or early May that based on his underlying metrics that JD was going to start lighting it up. Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I believe I was informed in maybe late April or early May that based on his underlying metrics that JD was going to start lighting it up. Hmmm...
                  You were informed in late April or early May that he "was going to" start lighting it up? You realize that's not what "underlying metrics" do right? You're still stuck flipping coins man. Use your brain!

Regardless, since May 1 he's hit 15 HR, scored 39 R, and knocked in 34 RBI in 57 games. Extrapolated over a 162 game schedule that's a 43 Hr / 111 R / 97 RBI pace. *That* is your criticism against him? Really. You literally *can't* be this dumb. You are capable of logging into a message board and posting, which is above the mental acumen that the above post suggests. C'mon, stop trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    You were informed in late April or early May that he "was going to" start lighting it up? You realize that's not what "underlying metrics" do right? You're still stuck flipping coins man. Use your brain!

Regardless, since May 1 he's hit 15 HR, scored 39 R, and knocked in 34 RBI in 57 games. Extrapolated over a 162 game schedule that's a 43 Hr / 111 R / 97 RBI pace. *That* is your criticism against him? Really. You literally *can't* be this dumb. You are capable of logging into a message board and posting, which is above the mental acumen that the above post suggests. C'mon, stop trolling.
                    Another knock out blow but no doubt Mith will get up off the canvas.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I am not going to defend the trolling but I am going to say JD first 85 games are significantly off last years power numbers. I am fairly confident theres a hot streak coming but at his current pace, he is off by 11HR, 46 RBI, .39 OBP and over .100 slugging. I am not ashamed to admit I am frustrated with him, especially the way the ball is flying out for many others. At this pace, he doesnt crack the first 2-3 rounds in 2020 drafts.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        I am not going to defend the trolling but I am going to say JD first 85 games are significantly off last years power numbers. I am fairly confident theres a hot streak coming but at his current pace, he is off by 11HR, 46 RBI, .39 OBP and over .100 slugging. I am not ashamed to admit I am frustrated with him, especially the way the ball is flying out for many others. At this pace, he doesnt crack the first 2-3 rounds in 2020 drafts.
                        Stop confusing them with facts Hammer!

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
                          you were informed in late april or early may that he "was going to" start lighting it up? You realize that's not what "underlying metrics" do right? You're still stuck flipping coins man. Use your brain!

Regardless, since may 1 he's hit 15 hr, scored 39 r, and knocked in 34 rbi in 57 games. Extrapolated over a 162 game schedule that's a 43 hr / 111 r / 97 rbi pace. *that* is your criticism against him? Really. You literally *can't* be this dumb. You are capable of logging into a message board and posting, which is above the mental acumen that the above post suggests. C'mon, stop trolling.
                          boom!!

Comment

• Another 0-4 today.

Ketel Marte is better than JD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I am not going to defend the trolling but I am going to say JD first 85 games are significantly off last years power numbers. I am fairly confident theres a hot streak coming but at his current pace, he is off by 11HR, 46 RBI, .39 OBP and over .100 slugging. I am not ashamed to admit I am frustrated with him, especially the way the ball is flying out for many others. At this pace, he doesnt crack the first 2-3 rounds in 2020 drafts.
                              Good points Hammer - it would be interesting to look back at those 85 games and see if the numbers he put up in that range were sustainable, and also compare to 2019 to see what changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer
                                I am not going to defend the trolling [sic]
                                Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                Stop confusing them with facts Hammer!
                                You might want to note the words in the post you are replying to before upvoting it...

Or... I guess not relevant if you are just here to troll.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X